Volunteer Position with Associated Humane Studies & Popcorn Park – Virtual Position
Internet Research Volunteer with a passion for animals
Do you have a passion for animals, want to help a not for profit sanctuary for animals, and have the ability to work remotely from home? If so, please consider joining us as a volunteer.
Summary of Job Duties / Qualifications
- Web research: gathering information for topics related to animal organizations and compiling it into spread sheets & PDF'S
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Adobe Acrobat
- Database administration, internet research and market research/analysis skills required
- Excellent copy-editing skills preferred
- Ability to work independently and remotely from your own home
- Respond quickly and accurately to project requests through emails and phone calls
- Ability to commit to at least 10-12 hours per month, or more for a minimum of one year
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Non-profit experience & passion for animals a plus
- Great communication skills are a must
- This is an unpaid, volunteer position
Please forward your resume and let us know why you would like to participate.
About our organization
The Associated Humane Societies, founded in 1906, is the largest animal sheltering system in New Jersey. Our three shelters are located in Newark, Forked River, and Tinton Falls. Our Forked River facility also includes Popcorn Park, which was established in 1977 as a sanctuary for abandoned, injured, ill, exploited, abused or elderly wildlife, birds, exotic and farm animals. The Society is a not for profit, 501 (c) 3 organization, and Popcorn Park is also a federally licensed zoo.
Job Type: Part-time