Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 53,000 employees in over 400 offices and 60 countries. In 2021, the firm had revenue of $9.4 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation, and other services.
Currently we have an opening for a Electrician in Boston, Massachusetts area.
We believe in a work/life balance and value our employees. We offer:
· Weekly Pay
· Comprehensive benefits that start on your first day
· Competitive time off policy
· Advancement opportunities
· Company provided safety apparel
· Tools provided
Job Description Summary
Maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, and perform a variety of tenant services while maintaining positive tenant relations in accordance with the companies established operational and safety procedures.
- Conduct building tours, maintain equipment loss, and report deficiencies for corrective action
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with local codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician's license meet state and governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Review blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment for troubleshooting purposes and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors. Perform duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Perform monthly generator testing along with annual load bank testing
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators.
- Continual awareness of the latest technology as related to building systems and equipment and emergency response regarding fire and life safety.
- Understand the operation and maintenance of life safety equipment, including but not limited to emergency generators, fire alarm systems, and UPS systems
- Review and follow SOPs for site specific equipment and systems
- Be proficient in the functionality of the BMS/EMS and understand the sequences required for proper building, equipment and system operations. Must be able to troubleshoot and understand operation of the system
- Actively functions as a team member.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with C&W Services and facilities’ policies and procedures.
- Complies and participates with C&W Services safety program.
- Complies and participates in facility specific safety program.
- Respond professionally to tenant calls
- Complete tasks in an efficient and productive manner
- Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
- Provides highest quality of service to the tenants, staff and visitors at the facility.
- Participate in regular required communication with Lead, Chief Engineer and Engineering Manager
- Assist all trades as directed.
- Responds to emergencies as needed
- Other duties may be assigned. Management also reserves the right to change or modify this position description from time to time to meet the needs of the site and/or building(s)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- MA Electrical License
- High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years as a licensed electrician in a commercial building
- Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC and other technologies relating to building engineering and/or equivalent job related training and experience.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects. Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities and optimize the performance of others.
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA, NEC and NFC codes and regulations.
- Ability to participate in on-call schedule for after hour calls required. This may include working alternative schedules during on-call period (e.g. 7:00am – 3:30pm or 12:00pm – 8:30pm, etc.)
- Strong technical and problem solving abilities including those related to mechanical controls and Building Automation Systems.
- Intermediate skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work and communications.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing as needed.
- Strong working knowledge of web based work order systems, such as Angus
- Demonstrate exemplary tenant relation skills. Project a positive appearance and attitude at all times.
- Flexibility to work at various properties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools, including but not limited to, a snow blower.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record when required.
•Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
•Regular use of various machinery and tools, including but not limited to, a snow blower.
•Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell.
•Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
•Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
•Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
•Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision,
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44.00 - $48.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Boston, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Electrical License (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
Work Location: In person