Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
BASIC PURPOSE: Increase transient room revenue by increasing production of existing preferred corporate negotiated accounts and consortia accounts. Through sales efforts secure new negotiated and consortia accounts, entertainment groups and increase awareness of Eaglewood and Benchmark to National Corporate accounts.
1. Respond to customer inquiries and request for pricing.
2. Prospect for new transient business. Track all transient leads (secured, lost and turndown). Complete Transient Sales Qualification Sheets on all accounts, as outlined by DOSM.
3. Plan for and execute inside/outside calls and client entertainment with Corporate Travel Managers, Office Assistants, Travel Agents and other intermediaries.
4. Conduct research on client room nights/revenue performance, prepare account performance reports quarterly and annually, conduct semi-annual account review meetings with account representatives.
5. Develop and implement specific account marketing plans for appropriate accounts. Monitor production compliance.
6. Maintain in-depth files on all accounts; via hard files and within Delphi and the property share drive.
7. Maintain regular communication with all corporate negotiated corporate accounts and send quarterly production reports to all clients. Communication to be property defined may include newsletters, client receptions/recognition functions, etc.
8. Assist in updating Brand National Transient database, if applicable. Coordinate local transient sales initiative and activities with Brand National Transient Sales for national and regional transient accounts, if applicable.
9. Set and negotiate, with direction from property DOSM and potentially Regional Team, all rates for corporate negotiated accounts locally and brand (if applicable) volume negotiated accounts. Complete all portions of Brand RFP (Request for Proposal) process and local account RFP process.
10. Understand transient sales strategies, strengths and weaknesses, and transient promotional programs of competitor transient hotels.
11. Monitor operational implementation with all departments.
12. Daily knowledge of Transient guest arrives and provide a personal note if applicable.
13. Be familiar with properties top visitors by stays and revenue.
1. Participate in trade shows, community & professional organizations to maintain high visibility and achieve sales and revenue goals.
2. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience
Experience: One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities:
Must possess communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer