Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
In an exciting venture with Atlas
, you will have the opportunity to be a part of significant changes in surgery center operations. This positon allows you the potential to be an integral part of a start-up team, providing top-notch care to patients.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Surgery Centers
Banner Surgery Centers offers eight surgery centers in Arizona and Colorado. Our accredited facilities offer the highest standard of personalized surgical care in a convenient and comfortable outpatient setting. Banner Surgery Centers offers the same great benefits found at other Banner Health settings.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position effectively manages all new construction and major renovation projects at one or more facilities, under the supervision of the Project Executive. The Project Manager is responsible for groups of small to medium size projects, $250k to $30m, 10 to 15 projects at a time, or a single, large project $30m to $100m or assists a Project Executive with very large projects, $100m to $350m. Works closely with hospital leadership teams to evaluate and prioritize projects, manages the performance of design and construction teams, tracks project costs and schedules to achieve project budget and timelines, and mitigates risk through assessment of quality, scope, safety and regulatory requirements. Coordinates system and facility resources to achieve system priorities and facility project goals.
- Provides leadership by directing project teams, architects and contractor activities. Leads team meetings, and ensures effective communication throughout project life. Interacts positively with facilities personnel, administration, medical staff members, department managers, vendors, and other outside agencies.
- Evaluates and proactively identifies potential project issues such as disruptions to operations, contract work, emergency repairs and potential damage situations. Ensures that these issues are addressed during project planning and design and managed during construction
- Develops project schedules for assigned projects and manages all team members to ensure coordinated, timely execution and completion of projects.
- Prepares and evaluates projects, generates cost estimates, reads and interprets design documents, and reviews for completeness and quality, i.e. maintenance, construction, code compliance, and function. Prepares and manages budgets creating cost projections and performing project cost tracking for assigned projects. Reviews in life cycle analysis, where appropriate.
- Ensures JCAHO, safety and code compliance is achieved on all projects. Assures contractors and vendors work complies with regulatory requirements and organization-wide interim Life/Safety policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains project related documents including RFIs, Proposal Requests, Change Orders, testing and inspection reports, lien notices and purchase requisitions. Reviews and approves contractor pay applications and Change Orders within prescribed limits.
- Mitigates project risk by identifying potential issues including site logistics, disruptions to operations, existing conditions and maintenance concerns. Minimizes construction impact to allow facilities to operate at a high level of efficiency.
- Monitors contractor performance for quality and ensures appropriate level of independent testing and inspection of materials and conditions. Ensures safety standards are met in all aspects of performance of the above functions.
Must possess a strong knowledge of architecture, construction, and/or engineering as normally demonstrated through the completion of a bachelors degree in architecture, construction management, engineering or related field.
Five years of progressive project management experience preferably in healthcare related construction. Must have proven experience directing and managing multiple resources and projects.
Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications and related contract regulatory documents. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of building codes, materials and standards and project tracking tools. Must be able to compute job costs, prepare and monitor project budgets and schedules, a well as use and interpret typical contracts and agreements. Requires strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to motivate team performance. Requires ability listen, negotiate, and resolve conflicts. Must be able to work independently and effectively align resources to achieve system goals. Must exercise independent judgment and be able to maintain confidential information.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.