Epic Games is searching for experienced Engine Programmers to support the Unreal Engine working with a range of high-end mobile platforms. In this role, you’ll work closely with a wide range of internal teams to ship our games and the Unreal Engine. The ideal candidate has a deep love of problem-solving, loves learning new systems and APIs, and has experience driving optimizations on shipped mobile titles.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Bringing the latest UE4 rendering features to high-end mobile devices
- Optimizing C++ workflows and content-wrangling pipelines used by hundreds of developers at Epic, and thousands of Unreal Engine subscribers around the world
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Making significant improvements to the workflow for professional developers making high-end mobile games using UE4
- Working with our partners to bring the latest mobile technologies to Unreal Engine 4
- Working to solve problems to help ship Epic’s internal mobile titles
- Improving workflow and user experience
- Strong C++ skills
- Professional mobile game or engine development experience with UE4 or Unity
- Experience developing with either or both of Android NDK and/or iOS with C++/Objective C
- Understanding of various mobile GPUs used in popular handsets and their characteristics
- Knowledge of or experience using toolchains, build systems, development tools and platform APIs, as well as the broader Android or iOS platform ecosystem
- Experience developing platform systems
- Mobile game shipping experience, especially related to compatibility
- OpenGL ES mobile rendering experience
- Experience using a next-generation rendering API such as Vulkan or Metal
- Knowledge of WebAssembly and WebGL 2.0 a plus
Please submit your resume along with your application.
This is going to be Epic!