This position is currently located out of our Frederick, MD office. Konare Law is seeking a talented, driven, and customer focused individual to join our paralegal team. If you are interested in the world of law, defending individual rights, and wanting to make an impact, then this position is for you. We have 3 paralegal positions available!
What does a Konare Law Paralegal do?
The paralegal position researches law, investigates facts, and prepares documents to assist attorneys by performing a variety of support duties. All duties and functions will be supervised by an attorney.
- Attend initial meeting with client (s)
- Collect, organize information and documentation from clients
- Set up appointments with clients
- Interview clients and prepare declarations
- Provide regular updates to clients with active cases
- Provide regular updates to clients with long term cases, on a quarterly basis
- Track the status of client filings
- Prepare and compose motions and routine correspondence and act as a liaison to court personnel
- Prepare, draft filings to relevant federal and state agencies
- Complete indexes, pleadings, exhibits, checklists, motions, legal research for litigation proceedings
- Analyze case documents
- Assist associates in all aspects of trial preparation
Education and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate preferred however, experience in lieu of education will be considered (minimum of 3+ years)
- High School Level – Minimum of 2 years of immigration law experience – Required
- Associates Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate - 2 years of immigration law experience - Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree – 1 year of immigration law experience - Preferred
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a must
- Excellent writing skills in English and Spanish is a must
- at least 1 year of Paralegal experience is preferred but not required
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Critical thinking
- Great listening skills
- Self starter
- Great communication, both written and verbal
- Must exude confidence, motivation and passion for your work
- Must enjoy research
What are the hours for this position?
Monday through Friday 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday (one per month) 9 am to 1 pm
How do I apply?
Instructions to Apply
Submit a Cover Letter and a writing sample (2 pages maximum)
*not following instructions may disqualify you for the paralegal position
*Additional information may be required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $17.50 /hour
- Paralegal: 1 year (Preferred)