SUMMARY: This position is for a permanent, full time employee with FTG. The responsibilities listed below are for two companies (FTG Technologies and FTG Security) within the finance department. All financials are consolidated for reporting to corporate.
Objectives of this Role: Execute mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, and data verification, enabling senior staff to analyze options and make financial decisions aligned with company objectives
The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Director of Finance who reports to the CEO.
- Performs mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, and report, identify, and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts
- Assists in providing schedules and commentary with respects to operating maintenance accounts results and variances, and with the production of working capital, cash-flow reports, as well as applicable commentary
- Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Assist Finance Director with Audit work and other responsibilities as requested
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Proven history of performance in compiling, monitoring and examining various financial statements/reports for accuracy and integrity.
- Excellent ability to recognize and research any unusual activity for further investigation.
- Excellent computer skills, strong familiarity with Excel, Quickbooks, Sage(Masterbuilder) or similar accounting system.
- Must have experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting system.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to resolve issues independently.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is preferred.
- Course work in job costing is recommended.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work on projects that require deadlines
WORK ENVIRONMENT: FTG office.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
Business hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. except where business needs require more hours. (month end and year end processing, audits)
TRAVEL: No travel required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,000.00 to $68,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)