Executive Assistant Reports to: CEO Location: Newberg, Oregon
To help our customers do their work better, faster, safer, and more cost-effectively by bringing the most innovative, highest-quality portable machining, welding, and testing tools right to the job!
Deliver an outrageously good customer experience – every interaction, everywhere, every time!
Have fun doing it!
Core Competencies for All Employees:
Honesty, Integrity & Ethical Behavior; Teamwork; Ownership, Accountability & Results-Orientation; Customer Focus; Safety, Quality & Continuous Improvement Focus; Global Perspective; Innovative Spirit; Adaptive & Resilient.
Managerial Competencies (in addition to the above):
Performance Management & Developing Others; Strategic Vision & Change Agency; Business Acumen; Organizational Excellence.
Performs administrative duties for executive management. Responsibilities may include screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports and financial data; training and supervising other support staff; and customer relations. Requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters required.
- Receives/screens calls, takes messages and routes correspondence • Schedules meetings and appointments and manages calendars • Produces reports, presentations and briefs • Coordinates signatures and required documents for domestic and international business units and personnel. • Tracks expenses and prepares expense reports • Coordinates on-site and off-site events and meetings • Makes domestic and international travel arrangements • Coordinates project based work for the executives and other managers • Manages the front reception desk including welcoming guests, answering incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate department, processing daily mail, preparing and sending documents via USPS or Fed-Ex, and coordinates special activities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred
3 to 5 years’ administrative support at a high level
The following experience is strictly required:
Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
Strong skills with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Experience managing schedules for multiple individuals.
Experience coordinating international travel
High level of verbal and written communication
Discretion and Confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, crouch, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 100 pounds (assistance available), and regularly required to operate and maneuver heavy components with material handling devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Office and travel have moderate noise levels.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- * * IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS * * * AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR AGREEMENT AND/OR UNDERSTANDING OF THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS:
1. NEED FOR COMPLETE APPLICATION Each question contained in this Application for Employment should be fully and accurately answered. No action can be taken on this Application until all questions have been answered. All information given will be available only to persons who have a "need to know" or as required by law. This company will make reasonable accommodation in the Application process, if needed.
2. SHARING OF INFORMATION This Application for Employment is used to notify me that the nature and scope of an investigation, if one is conducted, could include such general identification information as residence verification, and, as applicable, information concerning my employment, education, general reputation, character, personal characteristics, and habits, and that such information may be developed through personal interviews with third parties such as family members, neighbors, friends, associates, former employers, educational institutions, custodians of official records, or other sources. Only job-related information developed from such a report will be considered in evaluating my employment application or continued employment. I hereby authorize these persons, companies, organizations or corporations to answer all questions or release any information regarding the items listed in this paragraph. I hereby release them from any liability and hold them harmless from any claim for releasing any truthful information within their knowledge and/or records.
3. RELEASE OF TRUTHFUL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION I authorize the Company to release to any person, firm, entity or organization with which I may seek employment in the future, any truthful information concerning my work experience with the Company. I hereby release and hold the Company harmless from any claim for releasing truthful information within its knowledge and/or records.
4. JOB OFFER CONTINGENCIES I understand that any job offer that may be extended to me will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment Background Record Check and Drug Screen.
5. CERTIFICATION OF TRUTHFUL & ACCURATE INFORMATION I certify that the answers given to me to the following statements, and during any interviews, are true and correct, without consequential omissions, and understand that, if employed, omissions and/or false statements on the application or during any interviews may result in immediate termination of employment. I understand and acknowledge that, if hired, my employment is for no definite period and either the Employer or I may terminate our relationship at will at any time, without notice or any reason, and that this employment application does not constitute an employment contract.
6. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Climax Portable Machine Tools, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law. In addition, Climax Portable Machine Tools, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Climax Portable Machine Tools, Inc. also provides "reasonable accommodations" to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If employed, this form becomes part of your employment record.
7. APPLICANT STATUS This Application is current only for thirty (30) days, at the conclusion of which time, if you have not heard from us and still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary for you to fill out a new application.