We are a full-service animal hospital in the Holly Springs area. Our hospital is incredibly passionate about the experience we provide to our clients and the care we give our patients. We're looking to add someone to our dynamic team and are taking applications for full time AND part time veterinary assistants/technicians.
Our hospital is growing and we are looking to add to our team. We are currently a busy 4 doctor practice that sees sick and well appointments, performs full anesthetic monitoring surgeries including Professional Teeth Cleaning, Mass Removals, Spays, Neuters, and more, digital radiography and digital dental radiology, laser therapy and so much more!
We're looking for a team player who can connect with our core values, live out our mission and purpose every day, have fantastic communication skills, not be timid or shy when it comes to clients AND want to HAVE FUN! As part of our team, we want to see your personality shine and your skills sharpened!
VET TECH / ASSISTANT:
As a Vet Technician/Assistant, your role is to improve the quality of our patient care by assisting veterinarians with patient treatment.
Technicians and assistants must display:
- excellent communication and client-service/customer service skills (we want to see your amazing personality!!)
- ability to thrive in a TEAM oriented environment
- be detail oriented
- demonstrate professional and courteous behavior toward clients and other team members
- prioritize multiple tasks and change focus in a fast paced environment
- think creatively and respond quickly and calmly to emergencies
- be a self starter and show initiative to grow and learn
- efficiency for our veterinarians by relieving them of technical and administrative work.
- have a flexible schedule
- be crossed trained to work as a receptionist when needed
- a love of animals and the ability to warmly welcome and compassionately care for both clients and patients
Daily Duties/Tasks include:
- checking in clients and help conduct patients assessments (communication skills and bubbly personality are a MUST)
- monitoring hospitalized pets
- drawing blood for lab work
- educating clients regarding veterinary care and procedures
- maintaining inventory
- preparing prescriptions based on label and dosage directions from Veterinarian
- assisting with surgical procedures (previous surgery experience is a plus!)
It is preferred for applicants to have at least 1 - 2 years of prior veterinary technician experience at an animal hospital. Experience working as a receptionist and ability to draw blood is a MAJOR plus. Applicants must be able to show their bubbly, outgoing personality. Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches and animal waste.
WANT TO APPLY?
Please reply with a copy of your resume and 3 references. In your email please introduce yourself and in 7 sentences or less, please explain why you love working in the world of veterinary medicine (hint: it has to be more than just "I love animals!")
We offer competitive wages, an awesome Pet Benefits package (i.e. discounted veterinary care for your pets), quarterly bonuses paid direct to team members and for FULL TIME team members: 8 days of paid personal time off and 6 days of holiday pay per year.
Technicians/Assistants shifts vary during the week and will rotate into Saturdays as well. The hospital is open from 7 am - 6 pm Monday - Friday and 8 am - 1 pm on Saturdays. Must be available for at least 1 weekend a month
vet tech, vet assistant, animal hospital, technician, vet clinic, veterinary clinic, veterinary medicine, veterinarian, pet hotel, kennel,
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $14.50 /year