The Test Engineer is responsible for electronic controller application testing including design, planning, scripting and execution for a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications. The Test Engineer should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment, including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and environments. Test Engineer will work closely with product developers, product owners, and other stakeholders throughout the product development process.
- Participate in the development of test cases, scripts, plans and reports detailing test execution results.
- Perform medium to large scale embedded software testing tasks in areas of moderate to high technical complexity and risk, applying structured test methods and techniques.
- Maintain integration test environments including installing, wiring, and maintaining devices and controls products
- Coordinate, facilitate, and support customer beta installations for electronic controllers and other firmware/software as assigned
- Test development tasks include defining test documents, test sets, test cases, writing procedures, tracing product requirements to test cases, generating test data sets, and developing automated test scripts.
- Proactively learn new technical or product areas as required to effectively execute project tasks.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent degree and years of experience
- 3+ years experience in a combination of electronic controls, firmware, peripherals, and systems testing
- Knowledge of electronics required along with understanding of electrical safety agency requirements.
- Strong test planning experience with experience forecasting test cycles and testing projects with a proven track record of meeting forecasted estimates and dates
- Strong organizational skills and ability to respond to changing assignments and tasks with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of development methodologies including waterfall and agile development and have a basic understanding of CMMI.
- Knowledge of Selenium, SonarCube, Jenkins and/or other automated testing and continuous integration platforms.
- Knowledge of Labview preferred
- Experience with controls systems, HVAC, and/or refrigeration a strong plus.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.