Job Title ASSOC DIR ADMISSIONS
Position Number 8102083
Job Category University Staff
Job Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Campus Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus
Department Name UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
Location Code UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS (02022A)
Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees a focused recruitment territory with specific emphasis on multicultural recruitment, outreach initiatives, and programming within the greater Chicago area and other assigned markets. Travel is required.
- Assists with comprehensive student recruitment plan designed to meet university enrollment goals for each cycle and each student population.
- Supervision includes working with a minimum of one direct report, two other professional staff members, approximately 25 student workers/diversity leaders, and overseeing programs and recruitment initiatives assigned to these staff members.
- Utilizes data, demographic trends, industry best practices and other forms of quantitative feedback to improve, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of multicultural admission strategies.
- Works to support marketing and communication initiatives for multicultural student recruitment which include, but are not limited to, a comprehensive review of the communication flow for targeted audiences; updates for electronic, print and web/social media communication; establishment, promotion and evaluation of appropriate special events on-campus and off-campus with emphasis on yield; and the development/enhancement of a counselor/advisor communication flow.
- Collaborates with campus offices such as Student Diversity and Multicultural Affairs, Office of First Year Experience, ACE, Financial Aid and the professional Schools and College.
- Serves as senior admission committee member for file review.
- Manages budgets associated with multicultural focused admission and yield events.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least four-six years of related experience.
- Bachelors Degree is required; Masters is preferred.
- Five to seven years of applicable admission experience in a college or university setting.
- Demonstrated experience in multicultural and diversity recruitment, admissions and/or student advising is required.
- Experience with comprehensive marketing recruitment plans is a benefit.
- Experience in employment management is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to articulate the values and mission of a Jesuit university is important.
- Familiarity with Slate Technolutions, Docfinity Imaging System and People Soft is preferred.
- Regular use of Microsoft Office tools and Outlook is required.
Supervisory Responsibilities No
Required operation of university owned vehicles No
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact?
Physical Demands Lifting, Carrying, Standing
Working Conditions Irregular Hours
Open Date 12/18/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Posting https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/14784