SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The Texas Health Orthopedic Surgery Center Heritage is a single-specialty ambulatory surgery center located near Keller/Fort Worth Texas, which is a short commute from Dallas. Our center will provide care for patients starting in September 2018. With four operating rooms we will provide Orthopedics, Spine, and Pain surgery services.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Business Office Clerk position is responsible for providing support to the facility by performing specific or various business office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not limited to): medical records, admissions intake, greeting patients/visitors, maintaining appearance of the lobby, answering phone, accounts payable data entry, collections, insurance verification, transaction posting and other clerical duties as assigned. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility’s policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers & develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with patients, physicians, hospital staff, vendors and the public – in person, on the telephone, or by email.
- Greet patients and visitors to the facility.
- Verify patient identity, financial, demographic and insurance information.
- Direct patient to complete and review forms.
- Obtain patient/responsible party signatures.
- Accept and record payments made by the patient.
- Maintain clean and tidy waiting room/lobby area.
- Answer all incoming calls to the facility. Relay information in accurate, concise manner.
- Open mail, date stamp and distribute.
- Copy checks and prepare deposit slip
- Batch out credit card machine. Reconcile sales/refunds to One-Write Credit card entries.
- Prepare charts for next day cases, ensuring medical records from previous visit is retrieved.
- Runs patient identification labels, affix a label to each page of the patient chart and a patient identification bracelet.
- Ensures the accuracy of filing paperwork in medical charts.
Please send resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1-2 years ASC, medical office, or hospital experience strongly preferred
- Possess working knowledge of medical terminology, insurance lines of business and standard coordination of benefits methodology
- Computer experience, Medical software and applications, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of office machines (i.e. computer, scanner, fax, copier, multi-line phone system with voicemail, etc.).
- Knowledge of HIPPA guidelines, Red Flag Rules, and Medicare Conditions of Coverage requirements
- Is courteous, understanding and sympathetic toward patients, physicians and others.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, supervisor and other facility employees