- Six Sigma Certification
- Microsoft Word
Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. We are currently seeking to add a talented AOS Specialist - Reliable Process/Operations to our Aleris Operating System (AOS) team.
The purpose of this role is to be a lead AOS team member on the implementation, training, teaching, coaching, and management of a world class continuous improvement system utilizing lean and six sigma techniques in our Richmond, Virginia facility. The role will require approx. 10% travel to various sites in North America. This position is a key support and tactical execution role of one of the cornerstones of our Aleris Operating System – Reliable Process.
- Support the implementation of a world class AOS System: Reliable People (Lean Operations) Reliable Process (APC) and Reliable Assets (Equipment).
- Teach and train the AOS curriculum for technical support, operations, maintenance, and staff throughout the facility.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for lean and six sigma methodologies throughout the site.
- Support cultural transformation within the lean transformation program.
- Play significant role in developing, implementing, and sustaining the value stream’s goals & objectives
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional event teams
- Implement the standardized AOS toolbox, including core tools: 6S, A3 Thinking, SMED, RCFA, TWI, Standardized Work, VSM, TPM, and Problem Solving.
- Be a Change Agent for the facility.
- Support Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI) to enable Aleris to continuously improve performance, leverage Information Centers for continuous improvement, create a visual workplace, and ultimately solve complex problems.
- Develop and participate in process and operations auditing at all levels of the organization. Make recommendations and drive implementation of sustainable solutions.
- Assist leadership in the development of strategic A3s for the business and plants.
- Coordinate improvement event follow-up (30/60/90 day reviews) to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected tangible benefits.
- Lead/facilitate projects and/or events which address value-at-stake opportunities, helping to drive improvements in all facets of operations.
- Participate in AOS and HSE audits. Drive solution implementation.
- Identify and focus on short and long-term wins that will transform the culture and produce results.
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis of significant People, Process, Equipment related downtime events at Plant locations; implementing permanent corrective actions to mitigate probability of reoccurrence.
- Support identification and removal of waste from manufacturing and transactional processes.
- Facilitate FMEA(Failure Mode Effect Analysis) on equipment and processes within the facility.
- Be a leader within the AOS organization – engage the workforce.
- Openly and effectively communicate about continuous improvement, build credibility through relationships, and provide leadership to the program.
- Be a resource for operations, maintenance, HSE and supply chain in support of delivering the business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required, in engineering or manufacturing/operations.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years experience facilitating, coaching and implementing TPM, Lean, kaizen/six sigma events and driving lean transformation with proven results and implementations in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training/certification.
- Proven ability to work independently and successfully facilitate cross functional teams, while implementing improvement within an established time frame.
- Well organized, data driven, and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication, and organization skills
- Must be comfortable teaching and presenting to large groups at all levels of the organization from shop floor to CEO.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel approximately 10%
- Ability to move around in an industrial environment, including some climbing up and on plant equipment, and such activities as walking, kneeling, stooping, bending, driving carts, occasional reaching with hands and arms, and climbing stairs to reach plant offices and equipment.
- The willingness to work flexible schedules as needed.
- Aluminum Casting or Rolling Experience
- SPC training/certification
- Process/Technical/Operations/Maintenance experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Proficiency with Minitab
- Metallurgical experience
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions