AltaSource Group is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for our Seattle Digital Media Client! Be part of market-leading technology and information services with a renowned corporation.
Do you want to be part of a team that creates magic for millions of guests? Behind the scenes, the Enterprise Technology team helps deliver magical digital & physical experiences leveraging the latest technology; and our systems engineers provide expert engineering services in the cloud, automation, and systems reliability engineering to support the innovation and operation with our Digital Media client!
To be successful in this role, you will protect, operate, and continuously improve the automation and systems that run experiences, products, & services with a focus on availability, latency, automation, & cross-company collaboration while embracing a DevOps culture.
- Code, and deploy systems, new technologies, and best practices in the cloud using self-healing, infrastructure-as-code, security, and automation patterns
- Develop useful telemetry, alerts, and response to identify and address reliability risks
- Participate in on-call rotation with other engineering teams
- Identify, experiment, & evangelize new technologies, ideas, and best practices across the broader engineering community
- Collaborate and provide technical leadership within and across teams What’s your story?
- Proficient, collaborative, & experienced in building reliable, scalable, micro-service-oriented systems
- Passionate and curious about ways to leverage technology while continually learning
- Ability to identify root-cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, large-scale distributed system
You should have…
- Configuration management and orchestration (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- One or more languages in your skillset (e.g. GO, Python, Java, Ruby)
- Containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Elastic Container Service)
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Compute)
- Thorough knowledge of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
- 5 years of experience in technical operations or systems engineering
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Up to $80/hr DOE
This position is an onsite contract role with the potential to extend or convert full-time. Our client is unable to consider candidates who require visa sponsorship for this role. Please no corp-to-corp.
AltaSource Group provides paid medical, dental, vision benefits for all of our consultants! We are one of the NW’s unique TaaS (Talent as a Service) vendors that pride ourselves in individual, specialized attention not mass marketing.