A2U is a leading, full-service IT solutions provider with 325 years of combined IT experience in enterprise and SMB, serving clients across a wide range of verticals throughout the region.
Based in Cranberry Township, Pa. and founded in 2003 by current CEO Dan Dillman, A2U has positioned itself as a thought leader in the IT industry. Initially, A2U began as a cloud hosting company. Under Dillman’s leadership and expertise in Citrix, the company grew into a full cloud hosting provider and IT consulting company by 2012.
Today, the company is one of about 30 Citrix Platinum Partners in the country. The company is also highly recognized as a Platinum Partner in RES Software (now Ivanti), IGEL, Imprivata and eG Innovations technologies.
In 2016 and 2017, A2U was named the fastest growing technology company in Pittsburgh, an achievement driven by A2U’s hiring approach to only recruit top-tier technical talent and people who model and align with company values. Providing 24x7x365 in-house IT support, delivery insurance and a specialty in healthcare IT has allowed A2U to maintain its fast growth.
A2U acquired Roberts Construction in 2016, and expanded its services to include facility solutions/collaboration offerings. The following year, a Philadelphia-based IT consulting group, formerly known as UMed, joined A2U. This allowed A2U to expand its resources in Eastern PA.
In 2017, A2U was named a Pittsburgh Business Ethics Award finalist. A2U Leadership attributes the standout recognition to the company’s trusted advisor approach: Demonstrating a firm commitment to ethical practices in day-to-day operations, philosophies and responses to crises and challenges.
Job purpose; including but not limited to:
This position provides consulting services for A2U customers and requires a highly motivated and experienced candidate to work closely with project managers and infrastructure engineers to support, implement, and design solutions. This position will focus on the implementation of virtualization technologies and related infrastructure such as Citrix XenDesktop, VMware ESX, Microsoft Exchange, storage, and networking.
Duties and responsibilities; including but not limited to:
- Provide exceptional customer services via phone and email, and in person as appropriate
- Mitigate difficult customer situations through conflict resolution strategies
- Writes clear and concise reports
- Regularly uses active listening skills
- Identifies opportunities to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Anticipates and overcomes barriers
- Demonstrates honesty in behavior and actions
- Works to earn trust by delivering on his\her assignments as directed
- Rejects unethical shortcuts
- Has confidence and courage to ask for help when problems occur
- Is aware of and avoids conflicts of interests when the occur
- Develops hypotheses and uses process knowledge to address questions and complex problems
- Ability to think with perspective and creativity
- Ability to apply standard troubleshooting theory
- Effectively structures work and work flow
- Manage assigned daily tasks and incidents with very little oversight
- Provides input to planning project planning process and reports progress of activities
- Communicate project status and progress to IT Projects Manager
- Adapts his/her actions, contributing to support the team objectives
- Strives to keep up with work and responsibilities without having to be pressured
- Avoids mistakes by learning from others
- Assures that built-in tests are properly designed and proactively checked
- Takes on new assignments with enthusiasm
- Understands basic concepts of task scoping, scheduling, and resource planning
- Contributes to decision-making process or the development of project tasks and timelines
- Suggests reasonable changes in approach based on changing requirements
- Integrates activities and processes for work groups to ensure success of projects
- Works with Project Manager to ensure successful implementation of Projects
- Takes a mature approach to differences of opinion
- Willingly shares information and expertise with others
- Learns from errors or failure and moves on
- Degree or postgraduate certification in computer science, software development, information systems or equivalent experience
- Five+ years of Windows system implementation experience
- Three+ years of Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop implementation experience
- Two+ years of Citrix NetScaler implementation experience
- Three+ years of VMWare ESX/Horizon experience
- Three+ years of Storage (iSCSI, CIFS, NFS, FC) implementation experience
- Able to learn technical concepts quickly and apply them effectively
- Able to troubleshoot and research issues, using internal and external resources such as technical forums and knowledge bases available through the Internet
- Self-motivated individual, able to work independently or on a team
- Able to grasp the “team player” concept, even when working individually
- Able to multi-task and work productively in a dynamic, fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment
- Able to adapt to changing business requirements and react quickly
- Maintain customer service as the first and foremost priority Must have superior written and verbal communication skills Must be able to work on-site daily in our Cranberry location
- Cisco switch Architecture & Administration
- Firewall Administration (Fortigate, PaloAlto, ASA, etc)
- Cisco Nexus Administration and Architecture
- DMZ architecture & administration
- Datacenter network design & documentation.
- Network migration experience a plus.
- Cisco UCS Experience a plus.
- Cisco Meraki Firewall & switching experience
- Grasp of complex networking configurations, terminologies.
- Ability to present ideas clearly & confidently to customers for Pre-sales engineering, as well as Post-Sales implementation
- iSCSI SAN configuration and administration
- Experience troubleshooting issues with VDI such as connection problems, application failures, slow response or boot issues
- 5+ years’ experience in a Network Engineer or similar role with emphasis on Cisco
- In depth experience with Cisco – management of firewalls, switches, routers
- Experience with and ability to contribute at the architect level – design and build out of network as needed
- Ability to work independently as needed and manage work to meet deadlines
- Logical thinking process and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong level of experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, and Project.
- Good technical writing skills and ability to speak to different audiences on their terms.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Schedule flexibility and weekend work as required by project implementation and major break/fix.
- Must be able to telecommute effectively.
- Travel to remote locations (several times a year) required.
- Schedule flexibility is a must (weekends, after hours).
Associates Degree in an Information Technology discipline and/or 5+ years of industry experience
CCNA Routing and Switching
CCNP Routing and Switching
Job Type: Full-time
- Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop implementation: 3 years (Preferred)
- VMWare ESX/Horizon: 3 years (Preferred)
- Citrix NetScaler implementation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Windows system implementation: 5 years (Preferred)
- Storage (iSCSI, CIFS, NFS, FC) implementation: 3 years (Preferred)
- CCNP Routing and Switching (Required)
- CCNA Routing and Switching (Preferred)