In the United States Army, the interiorelectrician is primarily responsible for the installation and maintenance forall of the Army’s interior electrical systems.
- Install transformers, junction boxes, circuit breakers, service panels, switches, electrical boxes and lightning rods
- Read blueprints, wire plans and repair orders to determine layouts/repair
- Test equipment for the operational conduction of circuits
- Inspect power distribution systems, shorts in wires and faulty equipment
- Repair and replace faulty wiring and lighting fixtures
Job training for interior electricianrequires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of AdvancedIndividual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part inthe field with on-the-job instructions, including on-the-job instruction forinstallation and repair.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Fundamentals of electricity
- Electrical circuit troubleshooting
- Safety procedures
- Techniques for wiring switches, outlets and junction boxes
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after theArmy, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitmentoption that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers thatare looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join theirorganization.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.
· Paid training
· Salary Pay
· Housing and mealallowance for full-time positions
· 30 days of paidvacation each year, in addition to federal holidays
· 401(K) typesavings plan
· Full-coveragemedical and dental insurance for Soldiers and immediate family members
· Low-cost lifeinsurance (up to $400,000 coverage)
· EducationBenefits (GI Bill) - tuition, housing, and book fees for 36 academic months ofcollege
· TuitionAssistance - up to $4500 per year
· Student LoanRepayment - up to $65,000 in college loan repayment
· Signing bonus -up to $40,000 in cash bonuses
In order to meet the minimum qualifications,you must:
· Be under 35years old
· Be a US Citizenor Hold at least permanent residence (I-551/Greed Card)
· Have a HighSchool Diploma/GED
· Have no majormedical issues
· Have no majorlaw violations (Felony level)
If you are interested in finding out moreabout this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours, you will receivean email from our recruiting team, directly.
Anthony DeMuse Sr.
Social Media Recruiting Team
IG @ ssg_demuse (Add me)
FB @ SSG Anthony DeMuse
As a student, graduate, parent or teacher, take a look at the differentopportunities we can offer you or someone you know.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance