The incumbent is responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and installations of personal computer systems. Documents the maintenance, upgrade, repair and installation of computer systems using appropriate software program. Exercises excellent judgment in customer service, customer relations and teamwork. Demonstrates a high degree of initiative in planning organizing and carrying out work.
**Our Tech Support is available to our clients 24/7. The schedule for this position may include evenings and/or weekends. Those working in the evenings or on the weekend would receive a Shift Differential to their pay.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide first and second level phone, chat and email support with experience in remote break-fix incidents, software installs, new customer setups, customer training and preventive maintenance
- Troubleshoot and restore network connectivity for email, printers, desktop workstations, laptops, wireless devices and other PC Infrastructure components to ensure operability and to meet service and performance requirements
- Must be cognizant of the assigned area in terms of network and subsystem configuration, routers, switches, IP configuration and other network components.
- Investigate performance of PC Infrastructure and troubleshoot as required.
- Update system documentation to facilitate on-site troubleshooting and provide limited system training to users.
- Opens, closes and escalates trouble tickets to include timeliness and using a complete word picture to document the actions taken.
- Must be available for emergency call-in, weekends, holidays, and varied hours as required
- Must possess a high level of skill in troubleshooting computer hardware, software and networking systems installed in customer sites.
- Ensures problem ownership and promotes end user satisfaction.
- Must be able to interpret user comments, identify PC symptoms and apply an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Must be willing to follow established procedures to ensure repeatable results and to offer suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to use small hand tools with dexterity in the disassembly, reassembly and repair or computer systems and peripheral and operate computer keyboards, mice and various input devices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- DOTComm Values - Must demonstrate the DOTComm values: Accountability to Each Other, Commitment to Client Success, Value to Our Community.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Technical Knowledge - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information relative to position.
- Verbal/Written Communication Skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasking - Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Quality/Quantity - Superior accuracy and attention to detail. Consistently produces high quality work at an acceptable volume.
- Customer Service - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Initiative - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Dedication - High standard of work ethic; honors time off policies. Willingness to take on additional tasks.
- Relationships - Establishes and maintains professional relationships with clients and employees at all levels based on credibility, integrity and trust.
- Honesty/Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Leadership - Sets positive example; models professionalism and integrity.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Attendance - Regular attendance is essential.
- Organization/Planning - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Drug Screen/Background Check - Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Typically an AS or equivalent training in a technology field.
Two to four years related experience
Knowledge of and the ability to use various software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, e-mail, operating systems, presentation applications and publishing applications. The incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer system, telephone system, and other office machines such as copier and fax machines.
Certificates & Licenses
Industry certifications a plus.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Support: 1 year
- Customer Service: 1 year
Required work authorization: