Reports to: General Manager
General Summary of Job Duties
Responsible for contributing to the efficient operation of the Store by making sure company policies and procedures are followed and to ensure that the shift contributes to the increase of profitability of the Store. Serves customer needs and wants at all times in a professional, courteous manner, which results in a satisfied, repeat customer.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Give all customers prompt and courteous service. Greet each customer with appropriate company greeting such as, “Welcome to Cash Magic.”
- Record all sales promptly and accurately, as per company standards.
- Maintain daily a clean, attractive store, inside and out, throughout all weather conditions by completing all shift duties as stated.
- Properly receive all merchandise and complete all invoices, pertaining to said merchandise in a manner to maximize inventory control.
- Brew coffee daily and replenish fountain drink machine.
- Keep coolers, drink boxes, store shelves and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
- May prepare and submit store paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Reduce theft loss and shrinkage by following company policies and procedures and by practicing honesty in the workplace.
- Assure proper sales and accounting for money orders and lottery tickets as described in the Operations Manual.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- The ability to read, write and understand the English language at a high school level.
- The ability to perform mathematical calculations at the eighth grade level.
- Sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process money orders.
- Ability to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash register and other equipment.
Required Work Cards
- Identification that establishes identity.
- Identification that establishes the right to work in the United States.
Machinery, Work Equipment, Programs, Software, Hardware Used
- Cash register, scanner, POS system and receipt printer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $8.00 to $10.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent