Do you enjoy working with youth? Are you looking for a rewarding job? This entry-level position is responsible for ensuring that all Scouts are registered, receive a quality program, have opportunities to visit camp, complete service projects, earn their advancement (public recognition), and able to support scouting through parent engagement. There is consideration for student class schedules. We are seeking consistency, willingness to learn, strong communication skills, organized, perform basic computer functions, able to perform light physical labor, able to travel to assigned locations. strong work ethic and support the Scouting mission and values. Program Aides can anticipate 5-10 hours weekly except during partner school closures. Scoutreach District specifically collaborates with community partners to eliminate barriers that reduce the opportunities for youth participation. Program Delivery Team members are important to the success of this mission for Scouts for grades K-6.
Specific duties include:
- Assist with on-site programming at 1-2 locations Monday thru Friday; occasionally scheduled for weekends at least once per month. You will be assigned to a community within Lucas County, Ohio.
- Use approved lesson plan to ensure that each program site receives a quality program, practicing lesson plan of time and working with the program team. Review and become familiar with program materials.
- Tracking attendance and advancement for each assigned location.
- Assist with collect complete applications and funds from each registered scout during the first meeting or before their next scheduled meeting; follow-up with interested scouts to secure applications and assist with sign-up/recruitment opportunities.
- Assist with popcorn sale efforts at each assigned partner location with assistance from the Program Aide.
- Along with payroll time sheet, turn in assigned attendance reports for meetings/outings for your assigned sites.
- Participate and attend weekly staff meetings and quarterly staff trainings.
Education and Experience
- Education: H.S. diploma or GED
- Experience: Scouting experience helpful but not required; able to pass a background check, excluding minor traffic offenses; familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel; Familiar with Email communications
Rate of Pay: $9.25-9.75, based off experience. 90-day rate increase for successful candidates.
Number of positions: 2
Available work Schedule (Subject to change): Ideal candidate should be able to work two or more of the work shifts listed below:
Tuesday: 11a-2p or 3p-5:30p
Wednesday: 11a-2p or 3p-5:30p
Thursday: 11a-2p or 3p-5:30p
Open Date: August 4, 2020
Close Date: until filled
Target Start Date: August 24, 2020
How to Apply: Submit resume and complete Scoutreach application via email only or drop off only. No phone calls or faxes.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $9.25 /hour
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $9.25 - $9.75 per hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19