Pharmacy Buyer (Technician)-Full time
Doctor's Center Hospital-Bayamon
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico
As a full time Pharmacy Buyer with Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) at Doctor's Center Hospital - Bayamon, you will be responsible for overall pharmaceutical purchasing. In this role, you will maximize existing vendor contracts to meet the needs of patients; optimize cost savings; insure compliance with state and federal regulatory guidelines; assist pharmacy management with invoice reconciliation, integrity, inventory control and management, contract compliance, pass-through and target drug tracking; and purchase items at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity and required specifications.
This position is scheduled Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm. In addition, the Pharmacy Buyer may occasionally provide coverage as a Pharmacy Technician for shortages and time off on weekends.
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in Puerto Rico required; Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB) preferred
- 2 years recent experience as a hospital pharmacy technician preferred
- Experience with pharmacy purchasing and inventory is preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, and accounting skills required
- Must reside in Puerto Rico
- Must be fluent in Spanish (both oral and written)
- Must provide a Good Standing Certificate from the Puerto Rico Board of Pharmacy, Good Conduct Certificate from the Puerto Rico Police Department, copy of Certification and License.
Doctors’ Center Hospital Bayamon is a state-of-the-art 150-bed acute care hospital with an average patient census of 110-115 patients. The pharmacy is open from 7:30am-8pm. Comprehensive Pharmacy Services manages the day to day operations of the pharmacy and all pharmacy staff are employed by CPS.
Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services is the nation’s oldest and largest provider of pharmacy support services to more than 700 hospitals and healthcare facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico. CPS helps hospital pharmacists tackle complex problems such as medication reconciliation, hyper-inflated drug costs, standardization, centralized distribution, regulatory & compliance, and 340B programs leading to increased quality, reduced admissions and lower costs. Services provided by CPS include pharmacy management, pharmacy consulting, specialized pharmacy services, telepharmacy, 340B program compliance assurance, ambulatory & retail pharmacy services, medication related transition of care, and pharmacy analytics. For more information, visit http://www.cpspharm.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer