Solutions Architect - Cloud & Digital Infrastructure (100% virtual/remote) (Job Number:437739)
SAIC has an opening for a Solutions Architect - Cloud & Digital Infrastructure. This W2 Full-Time role allows for 100% Telecommute for any candidate living in the continental United State and requires up to 50% travel.
Serve as the technical lead for bid and proposal activities, including solution development, estimation, and contract transition. Internal projects will require translating business requirements into repeatable technical solutions, serving as an internal champion for a portfolio of solutions, and growing new business. This role will require expertise and experience across a broad range of IT disciplines, including architecture, engineering, operations, and cyber security. You'll work alongside the best technical minds in the industry and have a unique opportunity to use your business and technical knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority. You will be introduced to cutting edge tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally.
- Technical solution and proposal development.
- Identifies technical solution requirements during capture phase based on Customer Group (CG) input.
- Gathers other SMEs and SA to develop comprehensive and compelling technical solutions.
- Develops technical solutions and proposals to meet customer technical, schedule and price rqmts.
- Verifies proposals meet customer requirements and provide best value for customers.
- Maximizes use of repeatable solutions and offerings when applicable for proposals.
- Provides technical expertise to customers during proposal reviews, as requested by CG.
- Supports the development of BOEs including sizing and supporting rationale.
- Responsible for development and presentation of Technical Readiness Reviews (TRRs) as needed.
- Assistance in capture efforts.
- Provides technical expertise to BD organizations early in the capture phase to identify potential solutions or opportunities, as requested by CG.
- Provides subject matter expertise for technical issues arising during capture, as requested by CG.
- Develops RFI responses, white papers and briefings in support of capture efforts.
- Manages development of executable BOEs during the Proposal Phase (large complex BOEs).
- Supports customer meetings during capture shaping activities.
- Technical execution support.
- Provides technical expertise to the PM during program start-up.
- Assists in technical issue resolution as requested by the PM.
- Provides technical advising to customers as requested by the PM.
- Technical investment
- Solicits CG feedback and requirements as inputs to offerings and technology investments.
- Coordinates communication between CGs and technical investment project staff.
- Identifies additional technologies and solutions that could benefit the entire organization.
Qualifications:Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s preferred. Desired fields include computer science, computer engineering, information systems, cyber security or a related field.
- 10 years of progressive responsibility and directly relevant experience in information system architecture, implementation, and operations.
- 5 years of experience with design, implementation, and operations of server virtualization technology (e.g. vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM, RHEV).
- Knowledge of Federal and DoD cybersecurity guidance and authorization & assessment (A&A) processes (e.g. DoDD 8500.1, DoDI 8500.2, DIACAP, RMF, FISMA, FIPS, FedRAMP, DoD Cloud SRG, DFARS requirements).
- Working knowledge of DevOps/DevSecOps methodologies and practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface with and effectively represent technical solutions to executive-level SAIC stakeholders and customers.
- Organized and detailed technical writing skills.
- A work ethic with a focus on quality, results and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Solutions development will require knowledge of many current and emerging technology areas, including:
- Enterprise service delivery
- LAN and WAN networking
- Public, private, and hybrid cloud
- Virtualization, cloud automation, network function virtualization (NFV), and software defined networking (SDN)
- Data center infrastructure
- Operations and maintenance Our Solutions Architect role offers you the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work and projects.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate/Professional
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)/Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)/Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- 2+ years of experience as a solutions architect supporting solution development and new business capture.
- 3 years of experience in cloud-based systems design, implementation, and operations Customer intimacy with various U.S. Government agencies, either within the Federal Civilian agencies, the DoD, or the IC.
- Experience in design, implementation and operations of cloud-based solutions.
- Experience with scripting languages and IT automation tools (e.g. Bash, Perl, VBScript, PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudForms, vRA, etc.)
- Server engineering or management experience in a mixed Windows/Linux environment.
- Network engineering or administration experience.
- Experience in cloud system integration, cloud migration, and data center consolidation.
Must be eligible to obtain a TS Security Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Aug 7, 2018, 9:14:31 AM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Potential for Teleworking:
Yes, 50% of the time
United States-DC-WASHINGTON DC, United States-FL-TAMPA, United States-TX-FLEXWORK, United States-IL-CHICAGO, United States-PA-FLEXWORK, United States-SC-NORTH CHARLESTON, United States-TN-OAK RIDGE, United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE, United States-CA-SAN DIEGO, United States-MD-BALTIMORE, United States-FL-ORLANDO, United States-MA-BOSTON, United States-CO-DENVER