Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) provides clients with risk and capital solutions across physical and financial markets.
CGM's diverse platform has evolved over more than 30 years and provides financing, financial hedging, physical execution and access to market pricing for clients exposed to commodities and financial markets. Markets covered include energy; metals, mining and agriculture; fixed income and currencies; credit; and futures.
CGM's global reach includes 24-hour market coverage with staff located in more than 20 offices across the Americas, Europe and the Middle East, Asia and Australia.
We are looking for a Structuring Analyst to join our North American power and gas team in Houston. This is a highly visible role in one of our most profitable teams.
- Member of a highly visible front-office team within one of Macquarie's most profitable divisions.
- Price and structure various complex transactions in the North American Power and Gas markets such as electric full requirements and natural gas transportation.
- Perform valuations of other businesses as part of M&A projects.
- Develop custom pricing models to respond to market and industry needs.
- Contribute to pricings and projects in other commodities such as oil, coal, and uranium originated in Macquarie's offices globally.
- Analyze credit risk, market risk, and operational risk to assess both exposures and returns on capital in a bank environment.
- Interact with other groups across the bank to obtain transaction and model approvals.
- Support Sales and Trading teams by providing ad-hoc analysis and spreadsheet tools.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree required in a technical field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills, and outcome focus are a must.
- Working knowledge of derivatives pricing and hedging.
- Three to four years experience in a trading environment. Previous structuring experience is a plus, as is experience in Electricity and Natural Gas markets.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft VBA programming.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.