Seeking Hotel Front Desk Supervisor with Hilton and or Marriott experience
This is a full-time non-exempt position eligible for benefit and bonus.
Candidate must be able to pass a background and drug screen.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Supervisor is an hourly position and reports directly to the General Manager (GM) and Assistant General Manager (AGM). This position is responsible for the overall front desk operations and management of department’s employees.
Front Desk Operations:
- Delivers excellent customer service and ensures guests are satisfied with their hotel stay
- Completes all aspect of front desk operations, including check-in/check-out procedures, telephone procedures, hotel amenities, and computer systems
- Completes and maintains financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories, and receivables and strictly enforces compliance
- Acts as manager on duty for hotel when necessary and manages front desk operations
- Maintains key control and lost-and-found and ensures employees are trained to follow correct procedures for both
- Plans work schedules and delegates work among front desk employees to ensure staffing needs meet 24/7 operations
- Ensures guest’s ledgers are accurate and monies owed are collected
- Acts as Manager on Duty when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Establishes and sustains a culture that strives to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrates a commitment to guest service by proactively responding to guest needs
- Proactively partners with GM and AGM to develop value-added customer service programs, in accordance with brand and company standards
- Proactively works with GM and AGM to develop performance measures and reward incentives that reinforce the brand and company commitment to customer service
- Proactively communicates to guests about hospitality promotions, local attractions, and points of interest
Human Resource Management:
Supports GM and AGM in: recruitment, selection, and training a skilled and motivated work force
- Maintains and promotes a positive, cooperative work environment among department
- Actively supports training and development to enable superior guest service
- Ensures proper and accurate documentation of department’s employees’ paperwork
- Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently among department employee
- Ensures department’s employee are aware of policies, pay procedures, and benefits
- Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels among department’s employee
- Trains and empowers department’s employee to deliver superior guest service
Safety and Security:
- Coordinates with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Recognizes, reports, and corrects conditions which may create security and safety hazards.
- Understands and adheres to policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership abilities
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to schedule, prioritize, and delegate workload
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask
- Proficient in computer and Microsoft applications
- Ability to complete Brand required training within Brand specified timeframe
- Ability to obtain CPR Certification
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED
- Three (3) years’ experience in Hotel customer service
- One (1) year of prior supervisory experience
- One (1) year of management experience in hotel front desk operations or related/prior work experience in a similar field
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to push/pull up to 200lb housekeeping cart
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, and be able to bend at the waist and stretch above the head
Due to the nature of the position, you may have an office, but can expect to standup and walk around the hotel majority of the time. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting or training rooms, and residences. Use of safe work place practices is expected.
This document only provides a general description of the position. It is neither intended nor represented as providing a fixed and/or complete list of its duties, skills, efforts, responsibilities or working conditions. Management has the right at any time to change these duties or description herein.
The Cherry Cove Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA), Titles I and II of the ADA of 1990, and Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Cherry Cove Group will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
- management: 1 year (Required)
- supervisory: 1 year (Required)