Prepare customer orders with accuracy and efficiency. Provide quality service, taking pride in working behind the scenes to prepare quality products for our customers. Contribute to an overall positive and collaborative environment
Responsibilities and Duties
A Deli Prep/Cook responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare deli and grill menu items following specifications of Deli Manager.
- Preparing special orders and party trays.
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Maintaining high standards for product freshness and sanitation. Ensure freshness of deli items by rotating and by keeping batches separate by date.
- Report customer suggestions, comments, and complaints to Deli Manager
- Greet and assist customers in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner.
- Clean up spills, take out trash as needed.
- Follow safety, storage and labeling procedures.
- Advise deli manager of equipment repair and replacement needs.
- Follow safe working practices.
- Dish and pot washing as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Food service experience.
- Operating cash registers, meat and cheese slicers, oven, fryer, microwave, cutting tools, scale and other Deli equipment
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Deli/Cooking: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Newtown, PA 18940 (Preferred)