Administers the payroll function through supervision of the payroll team, maintains the accuracy of payroll, resolves payroll problems, audits and reviews summaries, prepares various payroll documents. Leads system implementation and enhancements to the HRIS/payroll system, ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and ensures timely and accurate payroll processing and reporting.
- Supervises and coaches small payroll team.
- Reviews and implements internal controls surrounding payroll processing.
- Responds to associate and manager inquiries on a day to day basis by handling payroll related issues.
- Researches payroll problem areas and reviews current procedures to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance.
- Coordinates, researches, and expedites special projects and prepares results for senior management.
- Prepares payroll records for year-end W2 processing.
- Prepares journal entry of payroll for posting to general ledger.
- Provides periodic review of payroll reports and summaries, auditing the information, understanding federal, state, and local regulatory issues.
- Processes ADP bills, invoices and collects tax credits.
- Acts as systems administrator for the payroll system and supports maintenance activities for ADP and Kronos time keeper.
- May respond to requests for wage and employment verifications.
College Degree or equivalent work experience
5+years experience in payroll processing. 2 years of project or supervisory/management experience. Automated payroll experience, working knowledge of Human Resources and Benefits as it relates to payroll and HRIS. Knowledge of ADP and Kronos and working knowledge of payroll procedures and federal, state, and local regulations.
Manages small payroll team. Responsibilities include participation in the hiring process; training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Detail oriented, organized, conscientious, possesses strong written/verbal communication skills, and has the ability to research and resolve payroll issues and warranted.
Interfaces extensively with associates at all levels in preparing payroll and resolving and payroll questions and problems.
May require additional hours to complete tasks.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled