Be involved in projects with our San Diego Environmental Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Environmental Planner for our San Diego office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading and delivering work tasks for transportation projects and studies including: data collection, research, and documentation contributing to the development of statewide, regional, and local transportation projects
- Provide support to a variety of planning and engineering studies related to multimodal transportation including: feasibility studies, planning reports, CEQA and NEPA documents, policy documentation and research, and other analyses
- Oversee and perform complex assignments or projects and review work of other staff
- Analyze project task needs, changes and enhancements and make recommendations
- Develop statistical performance measures
- Prepare and give briefings and presentations
- Research environmental, economic, demographic, fiscal, legal and/or technical variables for specific projects
- May serve as PM or Task Manager and assist with pursuits.
- Coordinate with other disciplines
- Manage time and effort effectively on multiple projects
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Environmental Planning, Environmental Science or related field
Seven (7) years of relevant experience
Demonstrated experience in leading planning/environmental projects or tasks
Knowledge of planning principles and practices with an emphasis on transportation
Experience in preparing planning studies, technical reports and/or documents in compliance with state (CEQA) and federal (NEPA) environmental requirements and applicable environmental laws and standards
Interest in mentoring and managing junior staff
Good organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and attention to detail
Strong written and oral communication skills
Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Master’s degree in Environmental Science or related field
Familiarity with California and Southern California transportation planning issues
Experience with compliance and monitoring
About WSP USA
WSP USA (formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff) is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender/ Minority/ Female/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.