The Keep Liquor Bar, recently acknowledged as Columbus Monthly’s Best New Restaurants, is currently seeking to add talented stars to our incredible team. The Keep showcases a state of the art beverage program: regional craft beers, unique specialty cocktails, an extensive whiskey collection, and a top-notch wine selection. The kitchen, led by acclaimed Chef Jonathan Olsen, focuses on local ingredients with thoughtful preparation and a modern twist on French technique.
We are looking to fill the following position in our team-oriented atmosphere. Enthusiasm and a willingness to go above and beyond are the most important qualifications.
Assists with daily organization and facilitation of banquet set-up and tear-down. Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Set up tables and events including chairs, dance floors, silver and china
- Service food, coffee, water and other beverages
- Clear tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware
- Clean banquet and dining rooms during and after the dining experience
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems.
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
- Performs other duties as required to provide genuine hospitality
- Sets tables in accordance with hotel standards
- Prepares order for presentation to guest
- Serves food, coffee, water and other beverages; refills beverages as needed
- Clears tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware
- Cleans banquet room and banquet kitchen area during and after banquet functions
- Flexible schedule to work various shifts
- Previous banquet setup experience a plus
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to frequently lift 50 lbs.
Focus on the Customer – Seek to understand the (internal / external) customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
Fosters Teamwork… work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance
Communicate Effectively... clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action
Build Strong Relationships... Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers, and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
- hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- banquets/ events: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement