- High School Diploma or GED
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dental Insurance
- Yearly Bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
Parker is a pioneer in the field of long-term care and aging services. We are among the first to embrace person-directed care, small home models, and changing the conversation around aging in America. Parker is a not-for-profit organization with a mission "to discover ways to make aging manageable, relatable, and enriching for all of society" and a vision to "make aging part of life." With our tremendous growth, we are seeking a We currently have an Immediate Opening for a,
Full Time (40 hours) Therapeutic Recreation Assistant 12pm- 8pm/ 8:30pm - 4:30pm / every 5th weekend on rotation shift located at our Parker at Landing lane location in New Brunswick, NJ.
The Recreation Assistant provide activities of a physical, social, mental and spiritual nature tailored to the individual abilities, needs, and desires of the Residents in order to enable them to enjoy the highest quality of life.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following statements reflect the general responsibilities and standards associated with the performance of this job. This description is not intended and shall not be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all tasks, duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
- Set-up, implement and conduct large, small group and 1:1 recreation programs according to a monthly schedule. (Including out-of-home trips.)
- Motivate and encourage the individual’s participation in programs and activities located throughout the community, including all amenities offered at the wellness center and chapel.
- Encourage and provide assistance to maintain individualized leisure interests/needs and provide supplies, as needed.
- Assist in the maintenance of a supply inventory.
- Provide reports regarding each Resident’s participation in the program.
- Assist in supervising assigned volunteers.
- Actively participate in organization-wide staff committees, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation for employee functions.
- Contribute to the creation of the monthly activities schedule.
- Maintain communication with the Recreation staff, Recreation Manager (written and verbal) and with other departments, as frequently as needed.
- Assist with meal service and clean-up
- Ensure collaboration with all recreation personnel in the planning and implementation of joint functions and special events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Report changes in Resident’s mental or physical condition, social behavior, and emotional or physical needs to the RN Nurse Manager
- Assist in welcoming and orienting new Residents.
- Answer phones and Resident call-bells.
- High School Graduate.
- Minimum one year experience in long term care and/or dementia care preferred.
- Current NJ driver’s license in good standing required.
This opportunity offers the following:
- Rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Annual Bonus
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- Company sponsored Pension Plan
- 403(b) plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid LTD Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Health & Wellness Center & Offsite reimbursement
- Onsite Day Care
Job Type: Full-time
- long term care: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)