NELSON is seeking a Studio Director to join our Charlotte, NC office. This talented and passionate individual will demonstrate the leadership skills necessary to strengthen existing client relationships and support the performance of the office by creating a work environment where Teammates are engaged, excel in their abilities, clients receive superior service while pursuing business development efforts within the region.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and build relationships with new clients, including specific service delivery partner relationships.
- Manage studio utilization to meet targets and ensure a balanced workload.
- Guide the team in utilizing all NELSON resources across the network to deliver quality technical and/or creative design.
- Provide budget/proposal support including additional services and reallocations to manage project profitability.
- Prioritize and effectively meet deadlines, delegate tasks and provide high quality service to clients.
- Attend client meetings and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) reviews with Regional Leadership or Practice Leaders as requested.
- Implement project planning and review monthly project plan updates to ensure plans are current and on track.
- Support the initiatives of the local/regional Technical and Design Directors; share experiences within the studio to inform best practices that will benefit the firm.
- Respond to RFPs and support proposal efforts in coordination with Regional Leadership and/or Practice Leaders as requested
- Make recommendations to the Regional Leadership regarding quantity, complexity, and diversity of future projects
- Mentor all Teammates in the execution of their responsibilities, set goals and create opportunities to achieve these goals.
- Provide studio performance feedback to Regional and Practice Leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field.
- 15+ years’ experience with an interior design or architectural firm
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and Newforma software preferred
- Deltek knowledge desired
NELSON is part of a global architecture, design, engineering, and consulting services organization close to 1,100 teammates across 22 locations across the US and a strong experience in a broad range of industries. NELSON is ranked in the top 10 of Interior Design Magazine’s “100 Design Giants” list. NELSON is also ranked in the top 3 firms specializing in workplace interior design. For more information, visit www.NELSONonline.com.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link below. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Interior Design: 10 years (Required)