Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
More than fifty years ago, a country doctor and a group of forward-thinking residents had a vision for their small towns of Simi and Santa Susana: They would create a special place of healing in the picturesque valley they called home. Today, that place is Adventist Health Simi Valley: Offering a wide range of patient care services such as the Nancy Reagan Breast Center for digital mammography, Emergency Care and Women's and Children's Services and so much more—AHSV is proud to be part of the Adventist Health Southern California Region.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a ED Technician who:
Assists the Registered Nurse (RN) and physician with assessments, examinations and treatments. Performs a variety of technical and patient care duties under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). Performs essential functions of the Unit Secretary.
- Assists the Registered (RN) and physician with assessments, examinations and treatments. Documents patient care performed, including vital signs, bedside care and observations.
- Maintains state of readiness by maintaining equipment/supplies appropriate to the position. Assists in cost containment through the appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Prioritizes patient care and department needs, sets goals, and organizes time to meet daily demands of nursing car. Observes, documents and reports patient condition and changes in condition to the RN, MD/Provider.
- Provides patient and family education within scope of practice.
- Documents patient care performed, including vital signs, bedside care and observations. Records and collects specimens.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): Required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Medical Assistant (CMA) or Paramedic certification: Preferred
- Phlebotomist Technician license: Preferred
- Emergency Medical Training (EMT) certification: Preferred