Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
The Business Office Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and influencing department activities and delivery of business services while maintaining continuous quality improvement. The Manager maintains operations within budgetary parameters, effectively interacts with patients, patients’ family, and health team members, while maintaining standards of professional business service. The Business Office Manager is accountable to the Director of Business Services or Chief Financial Officer for the day-to-day management of personnel, including staffing, timekeeping, employee evaluations, counseling interviewing and selection of staff within established guidelines.
1.Three to five years management experience in an acute care hospital business office
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred.
3. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of and ability to interpret third party payer principles and terms and COBRA laws. Strong organizational skills required for effective communication with patients, physicians, public, staff and administration.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
5. Effective written, verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required.
6. Ability to multi-task and prioritize needs to meet required timelines.
7. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
8. Well versed in billing and collection regulations and requirements by payer.
9. Knowledge of Accounts Receivable, Medicare, Medical, HMO/PPO, Commercial and W/C Billing & Collections.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources: 775-770-3001
Job Type: Full-time