The Supervisor, Commercial Excellence is responsible for coordinating the submission, execution, and tracking of bids and contracts for customers that may include, but are not limited to, cities, states, federal entities, and shelters. This role will provide oversight of the Aldon workflow tool and supervise a team of Specialists responsible for responding to requests submitted through Aldon. The Sales Operations Supervisor will work closely with the Director of Pricing to accomplish established departmental objectives. This role will ensure that daily work activities are compatible with and make full use of the Company’s technology-driven tools (such as CRM, ProfitOptics, Sequel, etc.) and supports the Company’s sales programs and business plan objectives.
- Responsible for managing one or more direct reports and ensuring that direct reports have clearly defined goals, the training and tools necessary to perform their jobs, and ongoing coaching.
- Supervisor will be expected to provide direct reports with regular performance feedback in both formal (annual performance review) and informal (one-one-one meetings) settings.
- Works closely with the Pricing team to ensure that prices being offered in bids and contracts are competitive, while also identifying opportunities to enhance margin when possible.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for bids and contracts with customers such as cities, states, federal entities, and shelters.Works with the Pricing team to arrive at appropriate bid prices, completes necessary paperwork for bid submission, and works with Specialists to implement pricing if bid is successful.
- Oversees the Aldon workflow management tool.Triages inbound requests to appropriate individual(s) for review/approval and ensures that Specialists are administering approved changes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identifies and implements operational improvements with Aldon to improve efficiency and/or enhance capability of the tool.
- Reviews cost changes and how such changes impact assigned price lists.Calculates necessary margin changes, taking into account any layered cost factors that may apply.Works with Specialists to ensure that pricing is updated in accordance with the applicable effective dates.
- From our internal mainframe systems, gathers data and provides statistical analyses of various animal healthcare segments, including analyses for all levels of sales management.
- Identifies and remediates errors, omissions or other issues adversely affecting margins or customer pricing utilizing pricing exception reports, cost change reports, and other data sources.
- Develops in-depth understanding of systems and analytics tools used by the organization (including, but not limited to Excel, ProfitOptics, Sequel, AS/400 and other information systems).
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of the analytics tools used and created in the achievement of departmental objectives.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required, with major in Business, Business Analytics or Statistics preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience providing statistical/business analytics in a medium-large company.
- Experience providing product price/cost analyses in a distribution environment strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Distribution Inventory costing and pricing systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with project management and/or contract negotiation preferred.
- Must possess strong business analytical skills with thorough understanding of how to identify and interpret raw data and turn it into something meaningful and relevant.
- Must also possess understanding of pricing and margin metrics.
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel advanced functions, including Vlookup, conditional formatting and extensive Logic functions.
- Veterinary product knowledge a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Price/Cost Analysis: 3 years (Required)
- Excel: 5 years (Required)
- Contract Negotiation: 4 years (Required)
- Statistical/Business Analysis: 3 years (Required)