Career Strategies is looking for Day Porters/Grounds Assistants for our properties located in Gardena, CA.
Essential Duties (not limited to):
- Consistently maintains a clean and attractive environment around the leasing office, clubhouse, pool and all common areas.
- Picks up trash on the property and in common areas, which includes but is not limited to, driveways, parking lots, curbs, trash receptacle areas, exterior hallways, breezeways, laundry rooms, mailrooms, and any other public areas.
- Assists in trashing out vacant apartments and cleaning prior to move in.
- Ensures compactor/dumpster areas are emptied and kept clean.
- Uses power blower and pressure washer to clean breezeways, steps, sidewalk, pool area, and any other common areas.
- Maintains the property’s flowerbeds, plants, and grass areas, including pool cleaning or routine pool maintenance (including pool furniture), and snow and ice removal.
- Maintains residential floors, elevators and all common areas, pick up debris, sweep, mop, dust, polish and other cleaning as needed, as directed.
- Walks the property several times a day and picks up new debris, including pet waste. Ensures pet stations are stocked and emptied at all times.
- Communicates with Service Manager regarding the status of work and any potential issues, reporting to Service Manager anything that may be a potential liability.
- Ensures adequate inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment. Notifies supervisor when supplies are needed. Assists office staff, as needed, with posting notices on resident doors.
- Maintains clean laundry rooms, mailroom, locker rooms, employee lounges and mechanical rooms.
- Maintains clean doors and light globes. Cleans light fixtures throughout property, as directed.
- Completes weekly vacant walks, as directed. Replaces light bulbs, as needed. Reports light issues to Service Manager.
- Empties all trash receptacles as often as necessary, checking daily.
- Thoroughly cleans vacant apartments after move-outs in order to ensure units are in move-in condition.
- Ensures any touch up cleaning is completed prior to move in.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of common areas, including but not limited to, workout areas, pool(s), laundry facilities, leasing office, elevators, clubhouse, mailroom, and public restrooms.
- Cleans light fixtures throughout property, as directed.
- Notifies Service Manager of any maintenance issues requiring attention.
- Ensures adequate inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment. Notifies supervisor when supplies are needed.
- Assists office staff with posting notices on resident doors, as needed.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Prior experience in property maintenance, hotel housekeeping or janitorial roles
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Can do and will do attitude
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $13.25 /hour