Trigyn's direct government client has a long-term need for Tableau Specialist in Baltimore, MD.
The Tableau Specialist works within the Information Technology Division to support the Tableau analytics platform and its
outputs which are consumed by the various operational units. The Tableau Specialist works closely with other data analysts,
operational management, key departmental subject matter experts and agency leadership to develop data analytical and
visual tools, standard processes, relevant reporting products and meaningful dashboards for the purpose of supporting the
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assumes role as a Tableau subject-matter-expert.
- Develops and implements design principles in Tableau.
- Tunes complex workbooks and large datasets for optimal Tableau performance and maintainability.
- Understands the analytic needs of law enforcement and translates these needs into meaningful and actionable data
- Standardizes data collection by developing methods for database design and validation.
- Extracts data from databases and data warehouses for reporting and to facilitate sharing between multiple data systems.
- Performs Tableau dashboard development.
- Performs data analysis, data validation, data mapping/design, by accessing multiple sources, specifically data residing in
- Uses SQL, Excel VBA or Python tools to automate reports and data ingestion processes.
- Reviews internal data processes and systems, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Analyzes data and identifies data gaps and/or data integrity issues.
- Develops and deploys Tableau applications.
- Completes related projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated "hands-on" experience as a Tableau designer and analyst.
- Ability to design complex management reports and interactive dashboards with drill-down to detail and analysis pathways
to supporting reports and datasets.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of client's business and operational requirements while working with
departmental users and analysts to define specific process, workflow and/or other technical requirements.
- Ability to leverage Tableau's advanced functionality (e.g., parameters, actions, tooltip modifications, etc.) to create analytical
- Ability to develop ad-hoc reporting for diverse business problems.
- Ability to execute data queries across multiple data sources in support of business intelligence reporting needs. Format
query results/reports in various ways.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain Tableau self-service reports and dashboards, identifying KPIs to allow users
understand the drivers behind results, predict future outcomes and perform "what if" analysis.
- Ability to recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation and
- Ability to partner across IT to support agile project development and short cycle iterations to deliver continuous business
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills.
- At least three (3) years of Tableau application development, including visualizations, parameters and report optimization.
- Strong experience in developing and implementing Tableau design principles.
- Strong experience in optimizing the Tableau user experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in SQL Server preferred (e.g., ability to create stored procedures).
- Working knowledge of MS SQL databases required.
- Working knowledge of Python highly desirable.
- Experience integrating complex SQL Server Reporting Services and Tableau applications.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems,
Business or other related discipline.
- Tableau Desktop Specialist, Tableau Data Analyst or other Tableau certifications are desirable.