Kistler Service Corp. is a Stark Tech Group company, a leading provider of comprehensive intelligent building management solutions for facilities in multiple industries. starktechgroup.com
Kistler is headquartered in Rochester, NY and is a leading Sales Engineering company providing HVAC Solutions for both new and existing construction for the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional sectors. Our product base includes Power Conditioning, Emergency Generators and Green Sustainable Energy related products. Additional offices are located in Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse, NY.
We are seeking a Commercial HVAC Service Technician for our Rochester, NY office to work with customers on everything from new construction jobs, startups, and existing facility retrofits to preventative maintenance and service calls. This is a Union position, the candidate will have to work with Local 13 (Rochester) and Local 267 (Syracuse).
We set ourselves apart from the competition and are an employer of choice. If you are interested in a fast-paced, energy and passion-driven environment where employees come first and collaboration across our team is promoted, we encourage you to apply! Competitive and comprehensive benefits package offered.
- Perform preventative maintenance, inspections, startups and upgrades, quoted work, repairs and service requests.
- Coordinate with the support team and the customer to understand requirements for on-site installation and repairs by learning site buildings and equipment, identifying issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Diagnose and repair units by using software and technology, a variety of hand-tools, and following work orders and engineering specifications.
- Continually enforce safety to the highest standards and maintain security and accountability of company issued tools and resources.
- Represent the company by serving as the direct customer contact and ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Display team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime as the business requires, and share in a weekly on-call schedule.
- Must be able to travel to job sites 100% of the time. Also included is travel to manufacturer reps for training and office meetings.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires regular lifting and/or moving up to 20 lbs; frequently lifting and/or moving up to 60 lbs; and occasionally lifting and/or moving more than 60 lbs.
- Must hold or participate in the appropriate safety training to work in diverse conditions including, but not limited to, mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, extreme weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience in HVAC, or the equivalent combination of education (technical school) and experience.
- Mechanical Journeyman status preferred. Must follow union qualification process for Journeyman standing.
- Knowledge in all facets of the HVAC industry, including but not limited to boilers, burners, controls and psychometrics.
- Must have universal EPA CFC certification.
- Must have 10-hour OSHA certification. 30-hour OSHA is a plus.
- Knowledge of HVAC&R theory, solid mechanical, electrical troubleshooting and repair skills required.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams, mechanical layouts and blueprints required.
- Must have experience installing clean, dry refrigeration piping systems and associated practices.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with handheld devices, such as Smartphones, iPads, etc.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record required.
- Drug testing and background checks are required to work in some of our customers facilities. Testing is done initially upon starting employment, with re-testing occurring as deemed by the customer.
- The ability to communicate with customers and coworkers regarding inspection and service findings is required.
Benefits & Perks
Journeyman status wage rate starting at $34.23 per hour including pension, health insurance and annuity.
We provide all tools, equipment, vehicle with gas card, uniforms, tablet or laptop and cellphone, and a great team environment, all to help you perform your job at the highest standard.
As a manufacturer’s representative for many popular mechanical brands, we are able to provide factory certification and training to further your education and career. There is also access to technical support, training on the newest technology and a comprehensive career path with opportunity for growth.
Must be able to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and motor vehicle record (MVR) check. We also check references and verify employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34.23 /hour
- new construction jobs, startups, and existing facility retro: 1 year (Required)
- installing clean, dry refrigeration piping systems, etc.: 1 year (Required)
- HVAC industry, including but not limited to boilers, burners: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Universal EPA CFC (Required)
- 10-hour or 30-hour OSHA (Required)