Job Description Summary
The Food and Beverage Attendant (FB) is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives covering the breakfast and evening social venues of the hotel. The Food and Beverage Attendant sets-up, services, and breaks-down the food and beverage buffet areas ensuring a high level of quality, consistency and service, as well as acts as the host with how he/she interacts with the guests of the hotel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Prepare and/or transport all food and beverage items and associated supplies, equipment, and materials to and from buffet areas.
- Monitor area to ensure adequate supplies of food, beverage, plates, utensils, napkins, condiments, etc. are available to serve all guests; replenish buffet items and areas as necessary.
- Follow preparation methods, times, quality and presentation standards. Follow standards regarding the monitoring of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperatures, portion sizes, and garnishing methods.
- Prepare salads, sandwiches, soups for sale in the shoppe.
- Proactively welcome guests and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner. Refer any serious matters to management as necessary.
- Ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment and to minimize waste.
- Maintain clean, neat, and well-organized work and buffet areas, which includes but is not limited to hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, sneeze guards, and counters. Empty trash receptacles, clean and clear tables as needed.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or any other maintenance and repair needs to supervisors.
- Assist in the set-up and breakdown all meeting rooms. Serve, maintain, and clean for all food and beverage service as part of all hotel meetings.
- Adhere to all health, sanitation, and cleanliness standards that meet state and local Health Board inspection, brand standards and hotel requirements.
- Comply with all health, safety, sanitation, and cleanliness, and alcohol services standards that meet federal, state and local laws, brand standards and hotel requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some previous food and beverage experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is required; other languages beneficial.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are preferred.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning chemicals.
- Will be required to obtain a ServSafe certification.
- May be required to obtain a TIPS certification.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
401(k) Retirement Plan
Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
Employee Recognition Programs
Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
Short Term Disability
Long term Disability
Employee Referral Program
Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.