ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
The Assistant General Manager motivates, instills accountability and achieves results to drive success in the position while maintaining our Culture of Activating Awesome! This role provides overall leadership, supervision, and direction on strategic initiatives and operating standards to positively impact business results.
- Cultivate a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level
- Assist in hiring, retention of staff, coaching, discipline; ensure execution of staff training programs
- Develop weekly schedules and ensure staffing levels and lead coverage is appropriate to meet the needs of the business and maximize the customer experience
- Lead and influence staff through effective motivation, leveraging individual strengths to ensure customer satisfaction and maximum productivity
- Select, develop staff and trainers for more responsibility or internal promotability into a leadership program
- Ensure execution of all employee recognition and incentive programs as directed
- Assist with inventory and controlling expenses
- Responsible for all aspects of the operation including entertainment, food, beverage, attractions and property inspections
- Maintain a safe, clean and secure environment for all guests and staff
- Continuously improves operational execution through attention to detail and adherence to Urban Air operating standards and philosophies
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in hospitality is a MUST (Theme Parks, Family Entertainment Centers, Hotels, Resorts, Casinos, or Restaurants)
- 3+ years’ supervisory or management experience required
- Ability to pass a thorough background check
- CPR/First Aid Certification is preferred
- Brand Ambassador and Culture Champion!
- Demonstrated ability of developing team members in areas of responsibility
- Must be professional, energetic, self-motivated, able to motivate others, and have a positive attitude!
- Computer skills essential — Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Professional grooming and conduct must be constantly displayed to set an example for staff
- Ability to enthusiastically interact with others
- Adaptability, flexibility, general enthusiasm for the business
- Strong communication skills; ability to write and verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Willing to learn and adapt to changes or challenges
- Ability to establish working relationships with all employees, management, and vendors
- Exercise good judgment in decision-making
- Appreciation of diversity (thought, ethnic, gender, etc.)
- We work when others play! Must be able and willing to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required
- Work in noisy, fast-paced environment with distracting conditions
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time
- Read and write handwritten notes
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Must have regular and predictable attendance
If this is you, apply now!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
ABOUT URBAN AIR ADVENTURE PARKS
Urban Air is the preeminent indoor adventure park and the market leader in location-based entertainment. The Dallas-based entertainment company pioneered the indoor adventure park concept and is the largest adventure park operator in the world. Urban Air's purpose is to help kids have fun and aim higher, achieving those things that they never thought they could do.
Urban Air Rockford is an equal opportunity employer.