Our 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital is seeking full-time Veterinary Technician Caregivers to join our amazing team. If you’re looking to advance your skill set and work in a fast-paced environment where every day looks different, we want to work with you!
Our brand-new 19,000 sq. ft. facility has been purposefully designed with state-of-the-art equipment to assist us in fulfilling our goal of practicing quality medicine and compassionate care for patients, families, and referring veterinarians in our community. Avets has a long-standing focus on emergency, trauma, and critical care. Our fast-paced emergency and critical care departments are supported by our Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Surgery teams.
Education is a daily focus at Avets. Our commitment to education is demonstrated by hospital-wide support of our residency and internship programs, and a team of VTS(ECC) lead training for our support staff. This is a full-time, hourly position, working either 3 twelve-hour shifts or 4 ten-hour shifts per week, inclusive of one shift per weekend and a portion of the holidays.
We are happy to provide our team members with:
- Managers will provide an individualized training plan based on experience.
- Hands on learning as well as opportunities for credentialing.
- Reimbursement for licensing renewals
- Onsite continuing education events as well as virtual learning platforms.
- Paid time off and uniforms.
- Employee pet benefit discount program.
- Multiple health plan options so that you can choose something that suits your needs best, including plans that offer $0 copays for mental and behavioral health.
- 401k with company-match.
- Double-time rate on the 6 major holidays plus Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. (Our holiday pay runs for the entire overnight shift on the holidays.)
- Breakroom stocked with snacks!
- Shift differentials during our non-traditional hours – additional $2/hour after 6pm on weekdays and during the day on weekends, $3.50 after 6pm on Fri, Sat, and Sunday.
Successful applicants will be willing to work with fellow team members to maintain a productive, positive and respectful environment. All technical staff, regardless of the level of experience, must be able to stand, bend, lift, and/or kneel for the duration of a shift (12 hours), and lift a minimum of twenty-five pounds.
Prior emergency or specialty experience is preferred, but not required. Certified Veterinary Technicians or license-eligible candidates will be given the highest consideration.