Candidates will not be considered if their resumes doesn’t explicitly demonstrate working knowledge of the following:
- Understanding (planning, implementation, and/or evaluation) of a national survey
- Complex-design/multi-level sampling of survey data
- Analysis of survey statistics
- Understanding of public health programs and/or health care systems
Major duties include:
Utilize statistical computing packages including Statistical Analysis System (SAS) and/or SUDAAN
- Coordinate all steps related to the creation of the annual public use data files and documentation.
- Plan and conduct disclosure risk analysis of data and summarize findings in a detailed report.
- Prepare all materials needed for the Disclosure Review Board.
- Perform complex operational and statistical tasks critical for branch surveys, including those related to hospital and/or ambulatory care.
- Analyze and interpret scientific data from surveys/data in a technically and statistically rigorous, detail-oriented manner.
- Serve as a technical advisor and provide expertise/assistance to a wide variety of professionals.
- Conduct research and write NCHS reports and scientific manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
- Present survey results to the scientific community at professional meetings and conferences.
Selection preference will be given to candidates that meet the qualifications detailed below:
- Designing and producing data files and documentation from national health surveys
- Planning and coordinating confidentiality reviews of these surveys
- Conducting statistical analyses of complex national surveys or administrative data by applying the principles, theories and methodology of statistics and public health, and preparing reports for NCHS publications as well as peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Applicants must have 1-3 years of experience conducting research and writing programs to analyze data using statistical computing packages including Statistical Analysis System (SAS) and/or SUDAAN. (Please include work experience as well as experience obtained during one’s education.)
- In addition, applicants must have at least a Masters degree in the health or social sciences including public health, biostatistics, demography, or some other related field.
Job Type: Full-time
- * Understanding of public health programs and/or health care: 1 year (Required)
- statistician: 3 years (Required)
- sas: 3 years (Required)
- Complex-design/multi-level sampling of survey data: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance