The Orchard Hotels of San Francisco (The Orchard Hotel and The Orchard Garden Hotel) are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Executive Assistant to the General Manager. The Executive Assistant performs administrative tasks essential to Hotel Operations and Client Relations at the direction of the General Manager. Key responsibilities include:
Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, drafting correspondence at the highest level of accuracy and professionalism, responding to emails and interfacing with clients and guests
Responsible for the VIP Guest Program, including delivering personalized welcome notes and special amenities to VIP Guests on behalf of the General Manager and Ownership
Prepare internal and external documents for team members, including Standard Operating Procedures as directed by the General Manager, and communications with regulators and vendors, among others
Handle Guest Reviews and inquiries with gracious, informative responses, and escalate concerns raised to Department Heads and the General Manager, ensuring follow-through
Arrange Hotel events to take place outside of the work place, including VIP Client Meetings and events
Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents, including key contracts, licenses and permits, as well as Executive-level correspondence
Develop and sustain a level of professionalism and gracious Hospitality among the Hotel's Leadership, Staff, Guests and Clients
Maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
It is anticipated that the General Manager will delegate the Executive Assistant to spend up to two hours per day supporting the Hotel's High-End Sales Functions, developing and maintaining strong relationships with key VIP clients, both corporate and individual travelers, and ensuring they receive a high level of attention during Hotel events. In these tasks also, the Executive Assistant will report to the General Manager.
Qualified candidates will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent spoken and flawless written English communications skills.
- Proficient understanding of the Hospitality Industry, including luxury hotel operations: ability to read, analyze, and interpret Hotel documents and reservation documents; ability to respond to guest and staff inquiries on behalf of the General Manager in flawless written English; ability to draft reports and effectively present information to management, staff, guests and clients.
- Outstanding customer service skills, a high commitment to excellence, and the ability to interact effectively and graciously at all levels within and outside the Hotels; ability to represent the General Manager and Ownership to VIP clients and potential clients.
- Responsive, detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, take initiative as needed and work independently and proactively, undertaking and completing complete projects on time
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and hotel-specific software applications
- Hotel School or University degree preferred
- Work experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in the luxury sector.
Please reply to GM@theorchardhotels.com with a resume and cover letter indicating why you are qualified for this position and why it meets your personal career expectations. As we receive many resumes and applicants for our positions, we will only be able to contact/respond to candidates that are selected for an interview.
We are Equal Opportunity Employer committed to ensuring that non-discrimination applies to all areas of employment.