Job Summary: provide accurate and timely financial reporting and support the efforts of the divisions. Ensures consistent operations and work flow. In performing all job functions, incumbent places an emphasis on teamwork, quality and internal/external customer satisfaction.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1) Reconcile fixed assets using FAS software. This includes adding, disposing and running monthly depreciation on all assets.
2) Reconcile all bank accounts to the general ledger on a daily basis. This includes reconciling outstanding checks and credit card transactions.
3) Reconcile AR and AP Aging Reports for each separate division to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
4) Reconcile other selected balance sheet accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
5) Analyze intercompany and intracompany transactions, reconcile and generate bills to each company monthly.
6) Post cash receipts for all companies on a daily basis. This includes lockbox, ACH, credit card and wire transactions.
7) Post manual AP entries for all outgoing wire payments as needed.
8) Assist group controller in filing Sales Tax returns in multiple states.
9) Set up AP vendors and assist with coding corporate and divisional AP invoices as needed.
10) Special Projects – assist in preparing reports needed by CFO and controllers.
11) Assist with year-end audit – includes pulling needed records and reports for auditors at the direction of the Group Controllers.
12) Month end close – Monthly software close and proofing general ledger data based upon the schedule as set by corporate accounting.
13) Continuously reviews current processes and procedures that make it easy for internal/external customers to do business with department/division. Ensures processes and procedures allow efficiency in work performed.
14) Promotes teamwork, cross training and continued growth and development of personnel.
15) Based on business need, assists, supports and/or performs other duties within scope and ability. Assumes accountability and responsibility for assigned projects.
16) Responsible for maintaining current technical, interpersonal, and communication skills through continuous development. Progressive development of skills should be cultivated through further education, seminars, company training and other external resources such as reading material.
1. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business required.
2. Spreadsheet experience, including formulas and building new spreadsheets.
3. Accounting Software experience, MAS90 or MAS200 preferred.
4. Demonstrated application of and commitment to internal/external customer satisfaction.
5. Demonstrated business writing and documentation skills.
6. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
7. Demonstrated self-starter and effective use of organization and planning skills.
8. Computer skill efficiency in job related software/programs.
Office environment, with some light lifting due to file maintenance.