- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience; or Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of experience.
- Experience leading a software development team through multiple product/platform releases.
- Experience making significant individual contribution to real-world software development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with an object-oriented programming language; strong object-oriented design and algorithmic analysis background.
- Able to independently operate and lead through ambiguous in fast paced environment.
- Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Amazon Devices Offline Retail Technologies is seeking an experienced, results-oriented, autonomous software development leader. The team is responsible for building systems that enable Amazon to sell Devices through the offline channel. These systems power 100% of Amazon Device sales through 3rd Party Retail Stores, Amazon Pop-Up Stores, and other upcoming Amazon Device offline sales outlets.
You will be responsible for driving the technical direction and architecture of this large, complex software system. You will manage a team of software engineers to develop highly available, business impacting services at the core of Amazon's offline fulfillment engine. You will also work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders from Vendor Flex, Operations, Finance, and internal technical teams to define business opportunities and then drive end-to-end solutions. The offline world is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will be able to learn as much as you contribute.
Successful candidates will have an established track record delivery developing complex software systems, excellent people and project management skills, keen technical aptitude, solid communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership in cross-functional, highly collaborative environment.
- Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software and processes through data analysis and metrics.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization