Singleton Construction is unlike any other construction company. We break the traditional mold of our industry. We hire great people and foster a problem-solving culture that focuses on teamwork and results. Our people are the driving force behind our success, so we strive to create a working environment that is truly people-centric, where the ideas and input of every person truly matters and where your career and progression is as much a priority to us as it is to you. Great people are at the center of our business, and we demonstrate this in who we hire, the customers we work with, and the way we operate.
We are a second-generation, certified woman-owned and operated business. We provided general contracting services to the big box, apparel, grocery, discount, drugstore, hotel and pet/farm industries in 39 states. We specialize in high volume, multi-site programs, open-store remodels, and tenant fit-outs.
Singleton Construction has a great opportunity for an experienced Travelling Commercial Carpenter. Our ideal candidate will have strong finish carpentry skills, especially in the area of laminate installation. You will have a background in commercial retail work, and previous experience working on open store remodels would be a definite advantage. You will have a proactive, quality-driven mindset, that approaches all activities with positivity and enthusiasm. You will need to be comfortable with frequent travel; although our office is based in OH, this will be a travelling role so applicants can be based anywhere in the Midwest or Southeast. This position will be for projects tentatively scheduled to start early summer.
Singleton offers competitive pay, generous benefits and opportunities on the job site to learn new skills and expand existing ones. We aim to provide our workers with year-round work
If you're looking for a fast-paced, fun place to work, with great colleagues and exciting projects, we would love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- carpentry: 5 years (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Overnight (Required)
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- Understanding customer requirements
- Performing other trades (light electrical, plumbing, tile and granite, etc.)
- Operating light equipment (Bobcats, forklifts, etc.)
- Training apprentices and/or coworkers
- Recommending job improvements, alternative methods, etc. (problem solve)
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Knowledge of job site safety rules and regulations (OSHA)
- Knowledge of woods and their uses and adaptability
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in carpentry
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative