About the Store
Join the friendly, productive team at our flagship store in the Penn Quarter area of DC, right down the street from the Ford Theater. This location is know for its periodic, infamous "sample" sales, where our customer can purchase one-of-a-kind designer original dresses.
Peruvian Connection has provided exceptional, artisan-made knitwear as well as coats, dresses, accessories and home décor to discerning, educated customers in the US, UK and Germany since 1976. Andean luxury fibers alpaca and pima cotton, a sophisticated design and color aesthetic, and global, museum-quality textiles are the inspiration for our products. Peruvian Connection evolved from a catalog company to one of the early online fashion brands, and is today the proprietor of seven full-line retail locations in the US and London. As an omni-channel retailer, we are one of the few brands offering original design, artisan-made apparel, with special attention paid to superb fit.
Peruvian Connection's roots are with cottage industry artisans in Peru and other South American countries, many of whom have been with us from the beginning, and we continue to support their work. Our customer demographic identifies with and appreciates this. Brand research tells us that she is also interested in the arts, reading, travel, education, fitness, and above all, authenticity.
About The Job
Assist the store manager in ensuring the success of the store by driving sales, managing expenses, leading and developing people, coordinating merchandise and marketing efforts, and leveraging technology to accomplish goals.
Merchandise and Visual Standards
- Understand the daily, weekly and month sales goals for store. Share goals with all staff members in store manager's absence. Help track progress against goals using a visual method so that all staff are aware.
- Share responsibility for meeting or exceeding sales plans.
- Assist with the tracking monthly expenses as requested. Ensure that expense budget is not overspent by carefully monitoring supply and other controllable purchases.
- Actively coach employees regarding customer interactions and how to turn those conversations into sales.
- Understand weekly plans for stock receipt and movement.
- Ensure that appropriate visual standards are met.
- Ensure that catalogs are readily available to customers, and offer transfers and shipments to home whenever needed.
- Assist the store manager to hire, develop and manage a team of individuals who want to be a part of PC's focus on luxury fibers, Artisan quality, and superior design, and are capable of translating that message to the customer.
- When an opportunity to hire arises, focus team energies on finding talented individuals who can tell our story, are eager to learn, and have a keen eye and ear for the customer's true needs.
- Treat employees with respect and trust, seeking their input in solutions.
- Learn to use PC's systems and equipment. Be curious. Ask for support if you need it.
- Suggest changes to improve the use of technology whenever possible via your divisional manager.
- Stay in touch with local neighborhood as delegated by store manager, attending chamber or street events.
- Set goals for meeting store leadership in an appropriate radius around the store as determined with store manager. Discuss local business trends and build relationships.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Associate's degree preferred
- 2+ years related management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service understanding
- Ability to be present, which includes showing up each day, on time, and ready to work; tuning in to other's needs; and displaying a demeanor of professional presence.
- Nimble learner
Job Type: Full-time
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)