With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Lead IT audits and supervise assigned audit staff from the planning phase through to the presentation of audit findings to senior management. This will include interviewing clients, the review of business processes, the identification and assessment of controls, key control testing, report writing, workpaper review, and the development of action plans.
- Provide technical IT support on integrated audits associated with the Direct Banking (Marketing, Operations, Consumer Banking and Credit Risk Management), Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Risk Management, Payment Services, Models, and Corporate Support business functions.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and educate audit team members, defining expectations for their performance.
- Administer the opening, review of findings, and closing of client meetings.
- Lead periodic meetings with internal audit management and the business units.
- Define for audit staff the overall audit scope, providing them with assignments and direction throughout the audit project
- Understand how applications and related Information Technology (IT) General Controls support achievement of business processing objectives.
- Draft the findings, actions, and report (with the assistance of the audit staff draft the findings, actions and report)
- Communicate audit status and findings to key clients. Work with clients to evaluate the adequacy of actions items to ensure they address the root cause.
- Develop audit staff and educate team in area of expertise to improve the department skill set. (Define expectations with audit staff at the beginning of the audit. Provide leadership and guidance to team in area of expertise.)
- Review staff audit work for completeness, effectiveness and accuracy.
- Use knowledge of company/industry practices and processes to define key business risks, expected controls and to assess actual controls
- Provide audit supervisor feedback on staff performance to be incorporated into the staff job evaluation.
- Work closely with IT, operational, compliance and financial auditors to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated effort in covering the audit entity.
- Follow-up on assigned actions from the audit (status updates and verifications).
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in IT Audit or a related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 4+ years of experience in IT Audit or a related field
- Practical experience in financial services risk based auditing, compliance, risk management activities or regulatory examinations
- Experience in project management or Agile methodologies
- Experience with an automated work paper system (Pentana preferred)
- CISA, CISSP, CIA, CAMS, CRMC, CPA, or related certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
24-Hour Nurse Hotline & Telehealth Services
7 Paid Holidays
Annual Flu Shots
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Work Environment
Group Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
Healthy Eating Program
Legal Assistance Plan
Onsite Emotional Health Counselors
Onsite Fitness Centers
Onsite Weight Watchers at Work
Paid Parental Leave
Professional and Leadership Development Programs
Service Anniversary Awards
Annual health Evaluation and Health Coaching
Critical Illness Insurance
Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Life and Accident Insurance
Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
Onsite Health Services Center with Nurse Practitioner
401(k) Savings Plan with Fixed and Matching Contributions
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
“Financial Wellness for You” Learning Programs