Gurney’s Newport Resort and Marina is currently seeking an IT Manager. Gurney’s consists of 257 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 30,000 square feet of event space, and three food and beverage outlets. The hotel is only minutes from the attractions of downtown Newport, and is the only resort-style hotel in the area.
The IT Manager will assist the IT Director in maintaining and developing network maintenance and growth plans.
- Develop innovative network troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs.
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network.
- Monitor changing network technology and deliver a technology update to the IT Director and Director of Finance.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve software and hardware issues in a timely manner.
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for property or IT personnel in person, or via telephone or electronically.
- Provide help concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Provide basic network TCP/IP support
- Install new hardware and software
- Seek out and implement methods to improve efficiency
- Work with 3rd party vendors as necessary to resolve issues with various systems
- Communicate through email, telephone, and ticketing systems
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems
- Oversee IT special projects as instructed by management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location