- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
We are seeking seasoned program management professionals to join our team to build the first software defined end-to-end, automated fulfillment system. Be a leader as the materials handling industry transforms from mechanical to robotic and software-defined. This is a rare opportunity to get in early and help as we hone our final designs and create our first prototype.
we recently filled this role, but anticipate additional hires on this front soon.)
HDS offers consumers a single online store to shop for fresh foods and general merchandise from the world's leading retail brands. In HDS fulfillment centers, multi-retailer orders are assembled as one lot, packaged in reusable totes and delivered via HDS vans to customers' homes at their convenience.
Our centers integrate intelligent vision, mobile robots and articulated robots in a way that dramatically advances supply chain capabilities while significantly reducing labor and fulfillment costs.
HDS is led by a top-tier team with an impressive track record and backed by prominent investors (see HDSGlobal.com ( http://www.hdsglobal.com/ )) and industry leaders (see our recent partnerships with Ingram Micro ( https://www.wsj.com/articles/ingram-micro-to-invest-10-million-in-warehouse-automation-startup-1502791200 ) and Toyota ( http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150805005554/en/HDS-Announces-Deal-Toyota-Motor-Engineering-Manufacturing )).
Our Director/VP, Program Management will play a key technical role in the development of the most technologically-advanced automated warehouse product. In this role, you will:
- Work with the world's leading experts to develop innovative automation that will transform several Fortune 500 companies supply chain.
- Autonomously manage your project teams to deliver large multi-million dollar automation equipment.
- Lead, grow and mentor your team to meet HDS's hyper growth.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience
- You are a solid program manager and have successfully worked in machine design, on automation projects and are adept in supplier management
- You have a strong academic background (e.g. BSEE/BSME from a top program) or equivalent experience in the field
- You have (nice-but-not-necessary) experience with some of the following: Solidworks, scaling up from prototype to production, management presentations, and building teams.
- You can add value helping shape and contributing to the engineering plans
- You've done this before - and know how to do it better (and have developed definitive opinions on what to do and what not to do)
- You thrive on turning ambiguity and chaos into a coherent and well run plan (with the right balance of process, rigor, innovation and fun)
Why work here? The big stuff
- Rocket ship: Get one of the early seats on a rocket ship and receive special stock grants.
- Autonomy, mastery, purpose: We provide a clear mission so that you can self-direct your work, provide exceptional challenges to hone your skills, and provide an opportunity to transform the supply chain function into a huge competitive advantage.
- Well-funded: HDS is well funded and can offer above market compensation, depending on desire for equity.
And the usual stuff is carefully planned too
- Top tier perks: 100% paid for benefits, including medical, dental and vision, plus a host of other benefits.
- Empowered: We will provide you the most advanced equipment and administrative services to support your productivity and remove hassles for you.
Let's start a conversation
If you are interested in hearing more, simply submit your information below, or email Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. There's no "resume black hole" here — we respond to every inquiry*, as quickly and thoughtfully as humanly possible. (Note: we are not actively reviewing applications at this time, but will go here first when the position re-opens -- hopefully shortly).