Provides contract-specific on-site technical support of client IT systems including support schedules, application and system installation, data migration, end-user training, ongoing maintenance, and system improvements and upgrades. Works independently.
- Reviews requirement documents. Performs task analysis, media/method analysis, and learning analysis. Assists higher level employees with needs analysis.
- Executes elements of support program activities. Monitors performance metrics and initiates corrective action. Contributes to deliverables per contract requirements. Participates in program meetings and activities.
- Performs delivery systems installation, integration, configuration and disposition of workstations and/or servers to support the architecture. Validates end-to-end system functionality through unit and integration testing.
- Performs system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health and continuous operation, including interfaces with other vendor applications. Assists with the analysis of system resource trends. Trouble shoot problems between vendor applications. Establishes backup and restore procedures to ensure system and data availability. Supports any disaster recovery procedures to ensure business continuity.
- Researches, provides technical information and supports the establishment of processes to develop and maintain support products, engineering data and integrated support infrastructure. Coordinates between organizations and develops and implements support products.
- Confers with senior personnel, users and outside vendors to identify computer data access requirements. Complies with security policies, processes, procedures, and tools. Promotes security awareness to mitigate security risks. Installs patches as applicable. Manages users system access to meet security requirements. Supports implementation of hardware and software security measures for transmission and storage of information.
- Documents resolutions/analyses according to support procedures. Conducts root cause analysis where required to identify causes of problems resolved and develop and deploy mitigation plans.
- Responds to customer inquiries and documents issues. Advises users on usage of software and system applications.
- Assesses and documents training needs, develops and delivers training as needed to enhance end-user understanding and performance. May partner with other specialists (e.g., designers, developers, engineers, programmers, technical publications/LSA) to determine the content of training material at the system level. Observes and tracks student performance. Recommends improvements as necessary.
- Develops and documents processes.
- May participates in customer and IT Change Boards to understand business requirements and provide input or analysis to determine changes required; contributes to engineering change proposals and baseline support concept. Implements system changes across workstation and/or server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures for efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations. Collects, maintains and reports IT infrastructure information across distributed systems and multiple support groups. Updates information that describes computing systems and networks including all hardware and software components. May contribute to risk assessments on proposed changes to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed.
- May support trade studies for support programs for subsystems and/or for a single platform. May evaluate product supportability requirements and make alternative recommendations. May participate in site surveys.
- Complies with commercial, government, regulatory, and organizational standards and specifications (e.g., ATA104, export control, ISO, ADL/SCORM, releasability) during development of complete courseware.
- May gather data to support proposal development activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ACTIVE DoD SECRET LEVEL CLEARANCE PRIOR TO HIRE DATE
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certifications for Security+ and Network+ and IAT.