It’s an amazing time to join Sarcos®, a leading robotics company undergoing significant growth. As an undisputed industry leader in dexterous robotic systems, Sarcos® is creating technology to empower people. We don’t replace human productivity, we enhance it, by making people stronger, keeping them safer, and getting to places people couldn’t, or shouldn’t, otherwise go. We don’t just build robots. We build new possibilities for the real people getting it done.
Sarcos® brings together the brightest minds in robotics to change how we approach the world’s most dangerous task. With some of the industries greatest minds, our team is changing the world of robotics every time they walk in the door. With a large emphasis on collaboration & teamwork, our employees are learning & growing from each other every change they get, and it shows in the work they do. If you’re interested in working on the forefront of robotics with life changing experts come join us!
Mechanical Engineer, Design
Successful candidates will play a critical role in mechanical design and analysis functions across a multitude of robotics and mechatronic product development projects. This position demands exceptional creativity to develop innovative solutions for high performance devices. It requires both a sound understanding of fundamental engineering principles and hands on abilities to make prototypes and/or conduct laboratory testing. The successful candidate will be assigned to develop first of a kind and/or state-of-the-art devices. This position requires exceptional design experience with complete assemblies for mechatronic devices, not just individual part design.
- Perform broad design and analysis tasks across mechanism, structural, hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-hydraulic, thermal, thermodynamic, or heat transfer design problems.
- Design for fabrication/production of transmissions for efficient use of energy in support of Sarcos’ new products.
- Specify and review drawings for proper GD&T.
- Interact with vendors, engineers and fabrication personnel to obtain part information on high tolerance complex parts.
- Assemble prototype devices.
- Perform engineering calculations to size actuators, bearings, seals, etc., that are used in mechanical devices.
- Generate BOMS and support fabrication and assembly.
- Develop test plans/procedures, measurement techniques, and analysis of experimental data generated in the related tests and experiments.
- Ability to align thoughts, actions and results to the Sarcos® Pledge of:
Our Pledge to Each Other
Our most important value is to work as a team. How we treat each other is critical to our success. As a result, you are making the following pledge to the Company and your colleagues.
I will do my best to:
Treat everyone on our team, regardless of seniority or role, the way I want to be treated
Trust my colleagues, and believe that they have the best of intentions
Proactively communicate in a candid manner, with sufficient information to allow my colleagues to achieve their objectives
Be open minded and receptive to review, constructive feedback, and collaboration
Never criticize, disparage or malign our colleagues behind their backs or in front of others
Not tolerate anyone in the Company doing anything inconsistent with any of the above
When I fail to act consistently with my pledge, I will expect my colleagues to respectfully and privately address it with me.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated creative and innovative solutions and problem-solving skills;
- Persuasive oral/written communication abilities.
- Flexible and adaptable (willing to work on other technical problems as needed).
- Insatiable curiosity for science, technology and understanding of how things work.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering and 7 years’ experience or MSME and 5 years’ experience in designing and analyzing high performance mechanisms and electro-mechanical devices (e.g. transmission, linkages, electromagnetic motor driven actuators; etc.).
- Experience using GD&T for mechanisms.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with mechanical design, engineering materials, and fabrication technologies.
- Hands-on experience assembling a wide range of mechanical devices.
- Experience with 3-D CAD solid modeling software, preferably SolidWorks, and design and analysis tools such as Matlab.
- Knowledge of document archival processes, e.g., PDM document control systems.
- Experience with hydraulic, and pneumatics machines.
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing practices particularly CNC.
- Basic knowledge of electronics design.
- Work is performed Monday through Friday with occasional overtime and weekend requirements.
- Safety awareness is absolutely essential at all times while in the work area.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended times.
No calls or agencies please.
Proof of right to lawfully work in the United States required. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Sarcos® is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.