System Director of Pharmacy
Our Firm has been retained by one of the leaders in Wisconsin healthcare. They are part of a dynamic multi-hospital system consistently recognized nationally and internationally for excellence in health care. The cornerstone of their reputation is their medical and support staff, who choose to dedicate their careers to serving the needs of their patients and community.
They have engaged our firm as part of a system-wide clinical transformation to join new leadership in TRULY making a generational IMPACT on how healthcare is delivered in their service area.
Our client is seeking one of the top 10% of candidates to provide leadership to their dynamic Pharmacy Operation.
The Director, Pharmacy develops and influences the strategy, growth, operational oversight, clinical efficacy, appropriate drug utilization and financial results of the system wide pharmacy department. Directs the work of pharmacy operations, including comprehensive pharmaceutical care in all settings, clinical and distributive functions, research programs, system formulary, drug use evaluation, and quality assurance committee activities. Provides leadership for medication management including the facilitation of relationships among pharmacy, the medical staff and nursing. Leads in all system pharmacy settings including inpatient, outpatient, ACO/CIN and ambulatory settings.
- Plans, organizes, and directs department activities. Develops goals and objectives, and establishes and implements policies and procedures for department operation.
- Ensure management of pharmacy department activity with emphasis on the medication safety, quality of care, accessibility, financial impact and regulatory compliance.
- Assures accurate charge capture with daily reconciliation to inventory used and administered.
- Oversees the pharmacy safety management system and works collaboratively with other departments/physicians to identify process failures.
- Leads with the medical staff leadership as well as other clinical providers the P&T committee.
- Partners with Purchasing and GPO to ensure pharmaceutical costs and contracts meet organizational needs.
- Develop initiatives to identify, track and monitor pharmaceutical utilization and opportunities for cost savings, trend management, and/or quality improvement.
- Coordinates medication deliveries in conjunction with pharmacy operations manager for the department. Maintains an orderly workflow for all medication dispensing activities throughout the organization. Ensures timely deliveries of all medications.
- Develops policies and procedures relating to pharmacy department and to distribution and administration of drugs throughout the system; maintains and updates drug formularies within the organization.
- Evaluates and justifies equipment and supply needs and purchases; negotiates and documents maintenance schedules. Plans for use of space, purchasing new equipment, etc., reviewed annually.
- Capital expenditure requests are submitted with justification by deadline.
- Assures compliance with federal and state law and accrediting and licensing agencies as appropriate to department.
- Integrates departmental services with the organization's primary functions and coordinates with other department/services in a manner which fosters a collaborative environment for teamwork within the department and with other departments/services.
- Graduate from accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Master's degree or Pharm D in Pharmacy.
- 5 years of healthcare leadership experience.
Our client offers an aggressive salary based on experience, world class benefits and a world class organization for you to practice in and grow to the level your talents deserve!
Job Type: Full-time